I07 ISX won't restart
03-21-2021, (Subject: I07 ISX won't restart ) 
I07 ISX won't restart
Hello I have a 07 ISX in my international 9400i I had to jump it, fired it up let it warm up at idle... turned it off to restart but it won't start, i can hear the pump when i turn on the key and it has fuel in the bowl, it turns over well but won't start. What might you think could be the problem.
Thanks
replyreply
RE: I07 ISX won't restart
* Is there a red check engine shut-down light on in the dash?

* If you crank it for several seconds, does it show oil pressure building on the oil pressure gauge in the dash?.. it also showing some rpm on on the rpm gauge?

* What is the fuel pressure while cranking getting up to when you look at it in Insite software?

* Anyone bothered to remove the guts from inside the fuel shutoff solenoid, put the empty solenoid shell back on, disconnect the wire to it, and tried to start engine? (bad fuel shut-off solenoid)?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Could be low fuel pressure cause by a failed gear pump or lift pump (they can still buzz but be working poorly.)

Can also likely be low voltage at the ECM during cranking.

Do you have Insite available?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains
03-22-2021, (Subject: I07 ISX won't restart ) 
(03-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  * Anyone bothered to remove the guts from inside the fuel shutoff solenoid, put the empty solenoid shell back on, disconnect the wire to it, and tried to start engine? (bad fuel shut-off solenoid)?

I've been on this site for 3 years and counting and never caught this as a repair option. This is why I keep coming back and contributing. I never stop learning something new.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , hookliftpete
(03-22-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(03-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  * Anyone bothered to remove the guts from inside the fuel shutoff solenoid, put the empty solenoid shell back on, disconnect the wire to it, and tried to start engine? (bad fuel shut-off solenoid)?

I've been on this site for 3 years and counting and never caught this as a repair option. This is why I keep coming back and contributing. I never stop learning something new.

lol.

My fuel shutoff solenoid failed without any warning in middle of freeway about 3 years ago... took the guts out of it to get me off the side of the road ... I have yet to replace it with a new one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Sooo. How do you shut the engine off? I pulled mine to clean it out and put something back in wrong. Thought it wasnt ever gonna die.
replyreply
(03-22-2021 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Sooo. How do you shut the engine off? I pulled mine to clean it out and put something back in wrong. Thought it wasnt ever gonna die.

You must have leaky injectors. Ecm shuts the fuel off= engine shut down.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(03-22-2021 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Sooo. How do you shut the engine off? I pulled mine to clean it out and put something back in wrong. Thought it wasnt ever gonna die.

engine shuts off just like it did. you must have leaky metering actuators, injectors, .. something.

replyreply
Was years back when i had the 11 prostar. I guess i was thinkin mechanical motors where that fuel shutoff solenoid was 1 of 2 ways to kill it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.