cm2250 fuel pump of death
09-21-2022, (Subject: cm2250 fuel pump of death ) 
cm2250 fuel pump of death
had code 559 , pulled the pump head and found the rollers and plungers where bad, pulled the oil pan and found shavings in it. main bearings where bad but crank is good. im going to check the connecting rode bearings next. what else should be inspected after the fuel pump fails?
replyreply
09-21-2022, (Subject: cm2250 fuel pump of death ) 
RE: cm2250 fuel pump of death
(09-21-2022 )hct5 Wrote:  had code 559 , pulled the pump head and found the rollers and plungers where bad, pulled the oil pan and found shavings in it. main bearings where bad but crank is good. im going to check the connecting rode bearings next. what else should be inspected after the fuel pump fails?

it is very very difficult to get all the metal out of it. -== flushing the engine with a couple undred gallons of diesel-oil mix + replacing the oil cooler, oil pump, all the rod/main bearings, dissembling all the rockers and cleaning out all the tiny cross-channels thru them,.. it is a nightmare.

Mr. Hag has done a bunch of them,,.. maybe get with him for some advice.

-======

Also.. it would have never did that if someone had replaced the guts (tappets, rollers, plungers) of the fuel pump every 400k miles to prevent it. You can blame the pump.. but art this point, it is so well known, that you can also blame the truck owner for not knowing any better too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.