Oil thermostat
07-30-2021, (Subject: Oil thermostat ) 
RE: Oil thermostat
I must confess I still have an oil temp problem but nothing like it was. I just did nee dampener last week so I can check overhead. The dampener was easy. I had been spraying PB blaster on on everything down there for a few days ahead of that project. Guess I should check cam too.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
09-20-2022, (Subject: Oil thermostat ) 
Does anyone have the part number for the 215 oil thermostat? It’s not an oem part and I would like to make sure I get the right one before I tear everything apart on the CM871.
replyreply
09-21-2022, (Subject: Oil thermostat ) 
(09-20-2022 )B O Double V Wrote:  Does anyone have the part number for the 215 oil thermostat? It’s not an oem part and I would like to make sure I get the right one before I tear everything apart on the CM871.

Do not put the lower temp thermostat into an isx.

This is not the right thing to do to one and it masks real problems that the engine may experience in its future.. And the oil will oxidize more quickly, rendering oil change interval to have to take place more often.

The oil in an isx is supposed to be above 220-f when it is worked, to drive oxidation and moisture out of it.

It is a bad idea all around to modify this.. Thinking that you are doing something good.

It also masks any bad injection timing from bad deletes.. it masks excess friction issues, it masks engine abuse, and a whole host of other things that can normally be seen when the right thermostat is used instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-21-2022, (Subject: Oil thermostat ) 
(just generalizing here) ...

If someone is heavy-hauling and the oil temps are exceeding 235-240(max) then either you are ...

* using a bad delete program.

And/or ...

* have improper fuel-air-mix (excess boost for the power produced).

And/or ...

* something is wrong with the engine.

And/or /...

* the engine is being abused / tortured due to the wrong gearing in the vehicle vs. The loads placed onto it.

(or the oil cooler is bad)...

take your pick!.

I.E.> Fix your problems instead of trying to mask them, wishing that it will last longer.. because that is nothing but a pipe dream.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.