Mitsubishi engine
03-23-2021, (Subject: Mitsubishi engine ) 
Mitsubishi engine
a friend of mine has Mitsubishi Fuso truck. it is diesel. it's been sitting for a while and now doesn't turn on. . however there is mystirious problem. when you push the brake it starts. anyone has experienced such as this? what could be the problem?
replyreply
03-24-2021, (Subject: Mitsubishi engine ) 
RE: Mitsubishi engine
Gonna go out on a limb and say its probably a 100% computer controlled cab and said computer had a brain shart causing the brake light signal to instead signal engine start (assuming u mean the brake pedal is acting as a starter button). I would try unplugging all the batteries for an hr to reset the controllers. Rawze is prty handy with control systems so maybe he can chime in.
replyreply
(03-23-2021 )alborz Wrote:  a friend of mine has Mitsubishi Fuso truck. it is diesel. it's been sitting for a while and now doesn't turn on. . however there is mystirious problem. when you push the brake it starts. anyone has experienced such as this? what could be the problem?

Most of my vehicles will not start until you hold the clutch in (none of my vehicles have automatic trannies in them). I am thinking this is Kinda mormal for some vehicles to not allow start unless your holding brake or clutch in?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I'm thinking that is how it is supposed to be like Rawze said.. We had a piece of equipment that did just that, it started using the brake pedal. Wish I could remember what that was.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(03-23-2021 )alborz Wrote:  .... when you push the brake it starts. anyone has experienced such as this? what could be the problem?

Just as others have stated, that is most likely norm. I do know of a few manufactures who use pressure switches within the brake systems in order to allow the engine to start. Basically like a daisy-chain of events whereas when one link is broke, that controlled circuit will not function.

- Actually I'm fairly certain many automatic side X sides in the powersports market starts the same way.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.