Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket?
03-28-2021, (Subject: Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket? ) 
Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket?
I have an 2013 ISX 450ST, 2350 X101. Serial# 79645481
So far not much complaints, beside the emission stuff. (Couple sensors, 1 injector and an actuator back in the warranty years.)
My truck has 950,000ml and recently got a code 3464, throttle actuator mechanical issue. Truck is running fine, the code could be cleared and didn't come for two weeks. However based on it and my milage, I am due to a new turbo and actuator. I guess. A brand new turbo is eye watering, even the Cummins reman is if I buy from Cummins. Many place offer remanufactured turbos for better price, but who to trust? Is there any high quality aftermarket available? So far I have no luck with my research. The local Volvo dealership offer an aftermarket option for about 2/3 of the price of OEM remaned from Cummins. They said it is a top tier like Garrett or Schwitzer, but wouldn't confirm in the quote and I can not find anywhere on the net. I am happy with my truck, power adequate, fuel economy, I do not intend to alter anything. I do not want to be stupid to overpay, but do not want to be and idiot to put something on my truck what will take out my engine. I am looking for a cost effective solution for short, but long term too. I would appreciate for the advice. Thank you.[/size]
replyreply
RE: Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket?
Here ya go.....

YTS Turbochargers LLC
296 Wilson Rd, Griffin, GA 30223
+1 787-675-1768 https://g.co/kgs/thCp8h

This place is highly recommended on this forum. Personally I haven't done business with them yet but a lot of others on here have. They say you'll get a turbo much better than a cummins reman for about half the cost.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
Everyone here has had good luck with YTS. They do a bang-up job on them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Pd6cas2
Thank you for the advice. Do they reman actuator too?.. I was considering to buy new one of that. Are the reman are good? Usually I stay away remaned electric things, like starters, alternators, because based on my experience their life expectancy is much shorter and on the long term the premium on the new pay off. However I have good experience with the quality rebuilt mechanical stuff.
replyreply
(03-28-2021 )Oram Wrote:  Thank you for the advice. Do they reman actuator too?.. I was considering to buy new one of that. Are the reman are good? Usually I stay away remaned electric things, like starters, alternators, because based on my experience their life expectancy is much shorter and on the long term the premium on the new pay off. However I have good experience with the quality rebuilt mechanical stuff.

They do exactly same job as what I did with my own actuator ...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-29-2021, (Subject: Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket? ) 
Thank you Sir, I contacted them.
replyreply
01-21-2022, (Subject: Turbo new? Reman? Aftermarket? ) 
(03-28-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Everyone here has had good luck with YTS. They do a bang-up job on them.

Has anyone heard from him lately? Said he had my turbo ready back in August but had Covid and would ship it when he got back to the shop. Tried to get a hold of him in November and recently but, haven’t heard back from him. ????
replyreply
(01-21-2022 )03maxpower Wrote:  
(03-28-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Everyone here has had good luck with YTS. They do a bang-up job on them.

Has anyone heard from him lately? Said he had my turbo ready back in August but had Covid and would ship it when he got back to the shop. Tried to get a hold of him in November and recently but, haven’t heard back from him. ????

just keep trying I guess. make sure your calling the right number.

I went there other day, he was working his butt off... turbo's everywhere.

replyreply
He is awesome. Usually overwhelmed got a Mack turbo from him a year ago half the price from the thieves at our local Mack/ Ovlov dealer and to boot he looked at me and said son u got the wrong turbo in your hands
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.