Fixing the truck.
08-07-2016, (Subject: Fixing the truck. ) 
Fixing the truck.
I had my truck towed to Cummins in Savannah, Ga, and they told me my egr vavle to be replace. I was on the phone with Rawze, while I was at this shop. The service Manger came out and told me I couldn't work on my truck in their lot. The Manger wasn't to professional about telling to stop. Rawze suggested I get my truck to him. So, I had a tow truck Come from Jackson, GA and tow my truck from Savannah, GA to Rawze's house.
replyreply
RE: Fixing the truck.
When the truck and I arrive at Rawze's, Rawze look over the the truck and told me about other things that should be fix. Rawze told before I left my truck would be right. We did some trouble shooting, and found out my egr valve was opening and closing. Then we checking the turbo actuator it was opening and closing. Next we drop the Doc the whole face plate was plug up with soot, and the Dpf filter was all plugged up. I think I now have the distinction of having the worst dfp Rawze has ever seen. So, we got the doc and dfp all clean up and all the soot and ash gone. Then we started on running the over head. This where Rawze found a bad number intake rocker, and the cam was being chewed up. This is where the fun began, we took off the hood, and Rawze wanted to start cussing. He saw what charge air cooler I had.
replyreply
So, over the last few days we have replace the valve cam, 2 intake rockers, and a wheel seal. Today we will be putting it back together starting with a new charge air cooler. Rawze has been great, about giving instructions and answering my questions. After this time with Rawze, I'm not so intimidated by doing some of my own maintance. I have learned how to set my overhead, which is not as big as a deal as the dealerships make it out to be. I have learned how to replace a wheel seal. I have also learned how badly I have been taken advantage of by the shops that have done work for me.
replyreply
Rawze is an awesome man. Already getting ready to do my head at {***} shop. Perhaps I'll be Rawze's next video as I think he's looking for a reason to make a head replacement video. Lol.
replyreply
Rawze has motivated me to buy an enclosed trailer and start stocking it with the tools I need. I am going to put in a work bench and mount an air compressor and generator. I will put my mig welder and plasma cutter in it too. It will be a mobile shop....literally. The only thing I cant deal with is cold. In the winter it will go to the shop unless I find a garage I can work with.
replyreply
Curious what charge air cooler you had that got rawze so upset?
replyreply
(08-07-2016 )Bahdan Wrote:  Curious what charge air cooler you had that got rawze so upset?
I'm gonna double down on a Dura-Lite...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Oh boy, I thought it was dura-lite... anyone want to buy a dura-lite cac?

Pretty crazy how every tiny detail on these trucks has to be looked at.
replyreply
08-08-2016, (Subject: Fixing the truck. ) 
I will not mention the brand name but it should be obvious ... The CAC has only 2/3 the air flow of the Factory OEM cooler. Very Very restrictive and causing a ton of soot and fuel mileage problems. the OEM cooler has 18 passageways for air flow,.. The garbage that he had on there only had 12. There were 6 rows of passageways missing from the after-market cooler and the fins in between for heat exchange were spread way out. It looks like someone built it with half the amount of aluminum of the OEM.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.