2 engines turned into one running 386 build thread.....
12-22-2021, (Subject: 2 engines turned into one running 386 build thread..... ) 
RE: Help comparing 2 isx engines
A small update here: the original engine dropped a valve on #6. Pretty normal for an isx at 900,000 plus km. Bores and cams ok, no scuffing, no dropped liner, some crosshatch visible so I stripped the spare motor. It got water in it.. about half the oil pan was water. #5 had a mouse nest too lol.

No matter. A $5k Pete is a $5k Pete!! I ordered valve inserts and valves for the good spare head casting and welded out the seats. Cleaned the head and passages, I'll re use the cam bearings. They have a slight colour showing in the middle of the head but otherwise new looking. Put inserts in with drivers I made on the lathe from bar stock and cutoff valve stems.

Work has slowed so I can get this thing running this winter maybe. Maybe.

The plan is use the spare motor head casting with new valves and seats and the original motor bottom end and cams, injectors, turbo etc. Basically a low budget head replacement.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help comparing 2 isx engines - sask3500 - 12-22-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.