The death shake jake
04-14-2021, (Subject: The death shake jake ) 
The death shake jake
I was just wondering if anyone has experienced the death shake when using the Jake brakes coming down the hills? I am wondering if it's time to replace the jakes or could it be something different. Also I just notice today that with my Jake's on I get a little miss every once in a Blue Moon but when I turn it off it doesn't happen.
replyreply
RE: The death shake jake
year, make, model truck, engine, etc.etc. and some history on what it started?>.. and is it deleted or not?

will it pass an injector leak test?. #1 cause of odd jake behaviour is a leaky injector or leaky metering solenoid on the older ISX's.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
2014 pete 579 isx 15 I have the engine rebuilt in Pennsylvania at hunter Peterbuilt And they reused the jakes Because they said they were working fine But it did it before and it continued to do the same thing after the rebuildI have about 250000 miles on the overhaul
replyreply
I never had a leak test done
replyreply
I can only assume that the overhead valves were also adjusted at 50k miles after the overhaul? -- (or at some point before now)?

it being a common rail enigne, do a proper injector leak test on it next.

Also, Mr. Hag has seen jake issues like that on 2350's. Maybe he will chime in with his thoughts at some point.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough
04-15-2021, (Subject: The death shake jake ) 
Yes I had the overhead done at 50k and then also at 200k
replyreply
Also I am looking at getting the insite system and connecting tools this week do you have any opinions or advice on what system to get And should I get the actual subscription through Cummings or should I just get a bootleg copy
replyreply
You have a cm2350 so version 7.6.2 will work just fine. Get it off ebay with an inline adapter, should be around $300. It's also wise to purchase a cheap laptop to put these programs on and use it as a dedicated diagnostic tool, don't surf the web on it and infest it with viruses.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.