Beware of the aftermarket AC condenser... It could ruin your marriage...
08-09-2016, (Subject: Beware of the aftermarket AC condenser... It could ruin your marriage... ) 
RE: Beware of the aftermarket AC condenser... It could ruin your marriage...
(08-09-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Maybe she should be on the side of the road, under a load with a sheared air line like my wife. Thanks to the non compliant POS container haulers mud flap bracket flying off.

I guess it's just one of those road hazards! No profit on this load.

BIG SHOUT OUT to Koslowski Towing, Clifford, PA. First class service!
My wife just informed me she has a real job... Tell that to your wife.
My wife's a Jersey girl, she doesn't know what she's asking for!

Give her the keys and tell her to show you how it's done, I did AND I still have a full time company job.

It always amazes me how hard people with "real jobs" think they work.

Real jobs... Spend a day or two in OUR world... I deal with union thugs all day, and they are just that, THUGS. Then I come home and get shi#t on because I am broke down, AGAIN. OY!

I took the national fleet manager for a short 12 hour ride to NYC, Long Island and he was falling asleep in a 3 hour delay on the Cross Bronx, I smacked him and said "no sleeping on the job!" "I don't know how you guys do this!"
My reply, remember that next time we come to contract!

You want a Teamsters hat and Jacket brother?
I've lived the thug life, it's all about attitude, go along to get along.
Those guys are their own worst enemy.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
08-09-2016, (Subject: Beware of the aftermarket AC condenser... It could ruin your marriage... ) 
(08-09-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I have one rule in my house that I will not tolerate being broken...

That there always be less stress inside the house than the rest of the world dishes out to me. If that rule is broken,.. out the door they go -- permanently...--- stress problem solved. I would rather live alone than with someone that I have to get stressed over on a regular basis or with someone who does not stand with me and my decisions. It is much less effort to be lonely than to be stressed and miserable. I have always made this clear at my house, and there has never been a problem with it.

Maybe that is why I have been married 4 times,.. but I don't care.

"Walk this path with me or get out of the way".

Terry, I am about ready to walk... This truck has shown many a color, and I am not scoring any points... I am now a slave to the ends... I am at my wits end. The only reason I come home is to see the dogs... Pretty sad commentary.
replyreply
(08-09-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Maybe she should be on the side of the road, under a load with a sheared air line like my wife. Thanks to the non compliant POS container haulers mud flap bracket flying off.

I guess it's just one of those road hazards! No profit on this load.

BIG SHOUT OUT to Koslowski Towing, Clifford, PA. First class service!
My wife just informed me she has a real job... Tell that to your wife.
My wife's a Jersey girl, she doesn't know what she's asking for!

Give her the keys and tell her to show you how it's done, I did AND I still have a full time company job.

It always amazes me how hard people with "real jobs" think they work.

Real jobs... Spend a day or two in OUR world... I deal with union thugs all day, and they are just that, THUGS. Then I come home and get shi#t on because I am broke down, AGAIN. OY!

I took the national fleet manager for a short 12 hour ride to NYC, Long Island and he was falling asleep in a 3 hour delay on the Cross Bronx, I smacked him and said "no sleeping on the job!" "I don't know how you guys do this!"
My reply, remember that next time we come to contract!

You want a Teamsters hat and Jacket brother?
I've lived the thug life, it's all about attitude, go along to get along.
Those guys are their own worst enemy.

Amen! Teamsters and the UAW brother... That is what I deal with daily! And it ain't no picnic, especially if they are black... Hands up don't shoot crowd, and there are more of those assholes on a daily basis than you can shake a stick at... I am just as racist as the next guy, treat me with respect, and I could care less who or what you are.
replyreply
(08-09-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I have one rule in my house that I will not tolerate being broken...

That there always be less stress inside the house than the rest of the world dishes out to me. If that rule is broken,.. out the door they go -- permanently...--- stress problem solved. I would rather live alone than with someone that I have to get stressed over on a regular basis or with someone who does not stand with me and my decisions. It is much less effort to be lonely than to be stressed and miserable. I have always made this clear at my house, and there has never been a problem with it.

honey,.. but ... Walk this path with me or get out of the way".

Old Testament, It is better to live alone on a rooftop than with a contentious woman.

You really have to draw the line if you want to preserve your sanity.

replyreply
Zen, NOT YOU! You're a sweetheart!

replyreply
(08-09-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Zen, NOT YOU! You're a sweetheart!

ZEN Is a sweetheart, .. AND she understands me. We are best friends above all else.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Terry, I am about ready to walk... This truck has shown many a color, and I am not scoring any points... I am now a slave to the ends... I am at my wits end. The only reason I come home is to see the dogs... Pretty sad commentary.

You are NOT a slave!
You INVESTED in your future and until you reach the break even point, keep your head down and keep plowing!
2 years down the road it will be gravy, keep your eyes on the prize!

replyreply

You are NOT a slave!
You INVESTED in your future and until you reach the break even point, keep your head down and keep plowing!
2 years down the road it will be gravy, keep your eyes on the prize!

I'm on the prize, which is to keep my head above water, which I am doing... BUT, I have never had to put up with so much shi#t in my life... And that is getting deep and stinky.
replyreply
This is a tough business. It really takes two people to run one truck down the road. The ONLY way this works for us is Two is one, one is none.
If your wife is all in, she should be doing everything possible to help you keep moving forward.

You want a real job, manage this!

I can keep up with the mechanical but with a full time driving job that leaves allot on the other side of the balance sheet.
Finding loads,
Negotiating rates,
running the load,
Dealing with the the A__hole shippers, recievers,
OS&D, Insurance,
Billing,
Getting paid,
Compliance, IFTA,
Juggling cash flow,

Before you know it, it's a Tsunami.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.