Truck wont start
08-09-2016, (Subject: Truck wont start ) 
Truck wont start
Hey Guys we have a 2007 international with a cummings ISX engine. The truck was run to the point that it ran out of diesel. We have replaced fuel filters, purged the system. Truck has no fault codes. We add just a dab of ether and engine starts right up and stays on. Turn ignition off then turn key to on and engine will not start unless we add ether. Please help.
replyreply
RE: Truck wont start
Low voltage? Weak batteries. Have you checked the fuel pressure?

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(08-09-2016 )SRA60 Wrote:  Hey Guys we have a 2007 international with a cummings ISX engine. The truck was run to the point that it ran out of diesel. We have replaced fuel filters, purged the system. Truck has no fault codes. We add just a dab of ether and engine starts right up and stays on. Turn ignition off then turn key to on and engine will not start unless we add ether. Please help.

Did you let the electric pump run and bleed the system and the compucheck fitting to the top right of the gear pump?

WHATEVER YOU DO! -- DO NOT APPLY 12 VOLTS TO THE FUEL SHUTOFF SOLENOID WHILE THE WIRE IS CONNECTED TO IT FROM THE ECM. YOU CAN DAMAGE THE ECM!.

Sometimes the fuel shutoff solenoid will fail when you run out of fuel because the coil overheats. You can always try removing its guts and re-install it without the guts then bleed the system like mentioned above. If it runs good like that, replace the solenoid.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
i had the same problem one time. it ended up being a bad fuel filter.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.