How have these EPA trucks affected your marriage and or general well being?
08-09-2016, (Subject: How have these EPA trucks affected your marriage and or general well being? ) 
How have these EPA trucks affected your marriage and or general well being?
This is a discussion that must be held, and hopefully someone in the media will pick up on it, and not holding my breath... We need an adult conversation on the impact of all of this crap we are subjected to to do our jobs, or chosen occupation, in regards to these EPA mandated trucks and the corresponding REGULATIONS.

Real simple, let's hear what is happening in your households due to these EPA mandated trucks and the fact that they are financial ball busters. Let her RIP!
replyreply
08-09-2016, (Subject: How have these EPA trucks affected your marriage and or general well being? ) 
RE: How have these EPA trucks affected your marriage and or general well being?
This is our business and profession. hind sight is always 20/20.
If I knew then what I know now, I'm punching out Maverick!

Far easier to be a dot.com dweeb working out of my parents basement.
I didn't buy giggle stock at the IPO when I knew what it was without question.
No regrets, just a missed opportunity to be a misguided self anointed DB, thanks but no thanks.
I'll work for a living.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
It's no fun being at a truck repair shop or dealership service center and witnessing an adult man on the phone with his wife telling her that theiy are now bankrupt and out of business.

I hate seeing people in pain and going down the sewer because of these ridiculous, extreme measurements with the EPA.

I have 3 trucks and every week one of them I have to turn wrenches on or find a trustworthy shop in another state while I'm running a week of load plans to repair one and start rolling again.

I see numerous EPA regulated trucks on the side of the road, because I run about 31 states. Every time I see one on the shoulder I hope no vehicle accident happens and no one dies. I'm always having to shift one lane over and be a professional and make sure no car is beside me in the lane I am risking to change lanes to.

If the EPA trucks are not a risk during parked regenerations that could result in extreme high temperatures causing a fire and death, then they are risking causing serious injury and death by roadside breakdowns for a potential accident.

Im shaking my head at the stupidity everyday of the EPA, and the economic oppressions it puts on families and businesses.
replyreply
The Wife and I sold our house and basically live out of a mandated truck in hopes of paying off all our debt and build a better future. We both are wanting to start a family, but don't want to do anything until the truck is paid off, and our debt is gone. For the most part things have went pretty well, but every time there is a break down, it puts off our plans longer, and longer. We both understand that things break, and set backs are going to happen. But, when nearly every breakdown we've had has been due to some component(s) related to, or a part of, the emissions systems, and the fact that the repairs for these systems can kill your maintenance fund off, right quick and in a hurry due to the lack of knowledge and random guessing at solutions by repair shops and dealers, it causes friction. She's feeling like we're running out of time for kids, and is getting frustrated that things have to be put off longer.... I'm getting frustrated because I'm doing all that I can to make this happen, but feel like She's blaming me for holding up progress on our plans... Before I found this forum and YT videos, it was a game of luck each time I turned the key to this truck. Never knew what to expect for the day, and when Sh&%t hit the fan, I had to dip into the stealer to get it repaired because I didn't understand what was going on.

I feel for those that step into this and have a family, house, ect... only to barely scrape by on whatever money they have left afterwards. You think that you failed your family when it gets so bad that you have to walk away from your career and try to find a different one to enjoy, or simply deal with. I'd imagine you'd feel like you could never cut it as an O/O and would never try again. Yet, if these systems were any bit reliable, things would have gone a different direction.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
Honest men just trying to make a living is not a crime, I don't care how much or how many politicians you paid for! ENOUGH ALREADY!

replyreply
(08-09-2016 )trdodd07 Wrote:  The Wife and I sold our house and basically live out of a mandated truck in hopes of paying off all our debt and build a better future. We both are wanting to start a family, but don't want to do anything until the truck is paid off, and our debt is gone. For the most part things have went pretty well, but every time there is a break down, it puts off our plans longer, and longer. We both understand that things break, and set backs are going to happen. But, when nearly every breakdown we've had has been due to some component(s) related to, or a part of, the emissions systems, and the fact that the repairs for these systems can kill your maintenance fund off, right quick and in a hurry due to the lack of knowledge and random guessing at solutions by repair shops and dealers, it causes friction. She's feeling like we're running out of time for kids, and is getting frustrated that things have to be put off longer.... I'm getting frustrated because I'm doing all that I can to make this happen, but feel like She's blaming me for holding up progress on our plans... Before I found this forum and YT videos, it was a game of luck each time I turned the key to this truck. Never knew what to expect for the day, and when Sh&%t hit the fan, I had to dip into the stealer to get it repaired because I didn't understand what was going on.

I feel for those that step into this and have a family, house, ect... only to barely scrape by on whatever money they have left afterwards. You think that you failed your family when it gets so bad that you have to walk away from your career and try to find a different one to enjoy, or simply deal with. I'd imagine you'd feel like you could never cut it as an O/O and would never try again. Yet, if these systems were any bit reliable, things would have gone a different direction.

Every bit of logic would confirm that you are right, however, there is a broader "conspiracy" setting you up for failure. That is, that the science and sustainability of these systems are sound and make good business sense. You may be able to persevere and plow through it but the deck is stacked against you. Hard work deserves FAIR pay!

If you think it is going to get any better, all I can say is Liar, Liar, pant suit on fire!
Let's get down to BUSINESS!

replyreply
08-10-2016, (Subject: How have these EPA trucks affected your marriage and or general well being? ) 
That is why Rawze and Rawze dotcom exists! A truly Godsent way on staying profitable in this business and in this life of a trucker.
replyreply
08-10-2016, (Subject: How have these EPA trucks affected your marriage and or general well being? ) 
(08-10-2016 )NewSon Wrote:  That is why Rawze and Rawze dotcom exists! A truly Godsent way on staying profitable in this business and in this life of a trucker.

Your right Newson. Rawze has done a great thing.

People just have to be open minded and hear him out and then buy some tools and try out his advice. Then when the truck starts running right then judge for themselves.
replyreply
(08-10-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  Your right Newson. Rawze has done a great thing.

People just have to be open minded and hear him out and then buy some tools and try out his advice. Then when the truck starts running right then judge for themselves.

Thank you for your kind words, but that is also the problem. I start talking to someone to try to help them when i am at speedco a few weeks ago, and someone walked by and blurted "BULLSH$T" as soon as I started telling them to check their IMAP sensor etc.

My conclusion is that most truck owners/drivers actually do not want to be successful. Their business plan/model is purposefully set for them to do nothing but hold a steering wheel, take it to the nearest dealer, complain, and fail instead. That is the business model they have chosen for themselves and no one in this world will ever change their way of thinking. it is better to let them fail and wallow in their own grief because their goal is being as closed-minded as possible at the cost of failure. if it is not on the TV screen, or it is not blurted out by some radio host advertising some brainwashing product,.. then it must not be real.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.