Friend with a CM870 having issues
05-22-2021, (Subject: Friend with a CM870 having issues ) 
RE: Friend with a CM870 having issues
Yes, tubing has been cleaned.

But, I wanted to update my status to FIXED!!

Went back to the stealership, and found they had sold me the wrong sensor, TWICE! Instead of an exhaust gas pressure sensor , they gave me an oil pressure sensor. I questioned the parts fellow as to why does the box say "oil pressure sensor" to which his response was "they're the same". Obviously not.

The strange thing is the thread and connector are exactly the sane between the two sensors. However, inside wiring is different.

New 3rd sensor installed and it works like a charm. This time it's the right one.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-22-2021, (Subject: Friend with a CM870 having issues ) 
RE: Friend with a CM870 having issues
(05-22-2021 )Rss00 Wrote:  Yes, tubing has been cleaned.

But, I wanted to update my status to FIXED!!

Went back to the stealership, and found they had sold me the wrong sensor, TWICE! Instead of an exhaust gas pressure sensor , they gave me an oil pressure sensor. I questioned the parts fellow as to why does the box say "oil pressure sensor" to which his response was "they're the same". Obviously not.

The strange thing is the thread and connector are exactly the sane between the two sensors. However, inside wiring is different.

New 3rd sensor installed and it works like a charm. This time it's the right one.

And folks allow these people to work on their trucks? I learned my lesson when I had the first in frame done at a stealership, I ignored all of the folks warning me not to do it and get it to Mr Hagg...

$38,000 later and they installed the wrong parts in the motor, a 450st 2350 kit in my 600 hp CM-871... And no one caught it. They also said they had cut the block for the liners, they did not. The motor went 70,000 miles and took out the new head and gasket... The motor ran like crap from day one, and they dry started it... Bottom end looked like it had two million miles on those bearings...

All I can say is thank God for Rawze's generosity when he invited me to his house to fix this mess, and we did. Never trust these dealerships, they do not have your best interests in mind, they could honestly care less, as there are plenty of us out here that they can financially rape, which is their business model.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.