Trans and gear oil?
04-23-2021, (Subject: Trans and gear oil? ) 
Trans and gear oil?
What weight should I be using in my 13 speed Eaton and in the rears?
replyreply
RE: Trans and gear oil?
My personal opinion is that 50-wt tranny oil is too thin unless you live in northern canada. I have use 80/90 in mine its whole life.
here were the results at 1.4 million miles: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid52116

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
80/90 here too, no issues, runs and shifts smooth. Just take it easy on the cold mornings until she warms up and all is fine.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Will 75w90 work?
replyreply
It will work, I would not hesitate using it, especially if you have a bunch laying around.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
04-24-2021, (Subject: Trans and gear oil? ) 
With GL-5?
replyreply
(04-24-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  With GL-5?

Do you have emissions on the truck? No emissions, use what you have. As far as the SCR system, if that is operational, I want to say use GL-5, seeing as the Sta-Lube we use in the 871 is GL4 rated. Honestly, I don't think it really matters as long as you do not do extended oil changes. The issue was the soot in regards to the SCR can... I would not be concerned as long as you keep up with the general maintenance and EGR Tuneups.

replyreply
(04-24-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-24-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  With GL-5?

Do you have emissions on the truck? No emissions, use what you have. As far as the SCR system, if that is operational, I want to say use GL-5, seeing as the Sta-Lube we use in the 871 is GL4 rated. Honestly, I don't think it really matters as long as you do not do extended oil changes. The issue was the soot in regards to the SCR can... I would not be concerned as long as you keep up with the general maintenance and EGR Tuneups.

It’s an 870 with the EGR still operational (for now).
replyreply
He's using it in his trans Loo, not in the engine.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.