What software and adapter do I need for my truck
04-26-2021, (Subject: What software and adapter do I need for my truck ) 
What software and adapter do I need for my truck
I’m new to PC, only owned macs, and trying to figure what software and connections I need for my 06’ 9900I with the CM870. I have a dedicated laptop running windows 10 for this purpose. I don’t mind spending the money but don’t want to break the bank either. It will also be used for a cm2350 in another truck as well(Kenworth) and want to be able to do more than just check and clear codes. I’m not looking to swap or get free software but needing to know what I need to purchase to be able to do those functions instead of taking it to a dealer. Any advice is greatly appreciated
replyreply
RE: What software and adapter do I need for my truck
Adapter to connect to trucks: An 'inline-6' adapter or o perhaps an 'inline-7'. Can be had from china off e-bay for about $300 or so usually.

Softwares... Insite 7.6.2 is fine for what your doing. Can be had 4 free with keymakers in a few places around the interwebs. Also need Calterm 3.17 if ya want to backup ecm properly, de-mandate, custom tune, and/or edit the programming. (only the version 3.17 is going to work properly for CM870. all other versions have issues of one sort or another with cm870 specifically).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Luckyjayb , Smokin64
Can I purchase that version of 'CT' or do I need to search the web for it?
replyreply
04-27-2021, (Subject: What software and adapter do I need for my truck ) 
(04-26-2021 )Luckyjayb Wrote:  Can I purchase that version of 'CT' or do I need to search the web for it?

most ppl just find a place to get it, and the keymaker for it.

CT is not sold publicly ... it cannot be purchased by the red engine maker or any other official site ... anyone who does sell, is selling it illegally.

I do not promote pirating of software, so if ya keep asking questions like that , you get kicked off here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Luckyjayb
Will the Cummins inline 6, with the proper navistar software, whatever that is that I need, also be able to read my truck codes and such?
replyreply
An inline-6 adapter doubles as a standard RP2010 adapter. Most vehicle software is compatible with RP2010 protocol, though some of the other brands of engine software might not have 100% functionality sometimes.

Personally, I have 1.4 million miles on my truck. I have never needed the cab control software.

I do however have Jpro for connecting to the truck. I like it for all the non-engine-specific related stuffs.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.