Fan Clutch
05-02-2021, (Subject: Fan Clutch ) 
RE: Fan Clutch
Prices and suppliers up here where I'm at aren't as competitive as Atlanta. I got them at my local pete/volvo dealer. I think it was about 500 for the clutch and a little under 200 for the fan. I thought there would be a core charge for the clutch but no. I'm gonna take the clutch apart and see if it's repairable (at least learn something in the process). Maybe throw the used parts up on ebay and see if any takers. Fan seems in good shape but small cost for the piece of mind knowing it should last for years to come. Hub bearings were nice and smooth, no play.

Unfortunately I think the 2 months in storage at Rawze's weren't very kind to my AC compressor and alternator. Pulley on alt wobbles and makes some noise and compressor looks like it's slowly weeping oil. Oh well, put them on the list.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
05-03-2021, (Subject: Fan Clutch ) 
If you're gonna strip it down to bare parts and fully rebuild it there is a spring compressor or cage type tool to take those hubs fully apart. Be sure to get it caged properly before taking it all apart that spring is heavy duty and releases fairly violently. If your simply gonna throw o rings in the front then you won't need it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT
05-04-2021, (Subject: Fan Clutch ) 
in all honesty it's probably just gonna sit on a shelf for a few years before i finally get rid of it. I take on, and plan to take on, way too many projects, most of which never go anywhere. Just not enough time to actually do all the things I dream up.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.