Isx 15 files
05-01-2021, (Subject: Isx 15 files ) 
Isx 15 files
I have 2 trucks that have cummins isx15. One is 400hp and one is 450hp. On the 400hp I had bought a tune that I installed from {puke engine destroying company out of Utah}. Then I put it back to stock and tried to install it on the 450hp but it wouldn't worl. The EF files are different and somehow the 450 hp had gotten the ef file of the 400hp and when I used the Insite software to do calibration on the 450 hp and it calibrated to the 400hp. Has anyone had this issue? Or an answer how to put it back to the original file of the ecm? Thanks in advance
replyreply
05-02-2021, (Subject: Isx 15 files ) 
RE: Isx 15 files
(05-01-2021 )ab21 Wrote:  I have 2 trucks that have cummins isx15. One is 400hp and one is 450hp. On the 400hp I had bought a tune that I installed from PukeDits. Then I put it back to stock and tried to install it on the 450hp but it wouldn't worl. The EF files are different and somehow the 450 hp had gotten the ef file of the 400hp and when I used the Insite software to do calibration on the 450 hp and it calibrated to the 400hp. Has anyone had this issue? Or an answer how to put it back to the original file of the ecm? Thanks in advance

Take them to the stealers$it and have the correct and latest software put back into each truck according to the engine ser#. A few hundred bucks and your back where you should be with them... and learn you lesson that your only going to get destroyed equipment if you keep on using those rip-off "tuning" companies like that. - nothing but engine destroying garbage.

YOU ALSO CANNOT JUST COPY THE SOFTWARE FROM ONE TRUCK TO THE OTHER... even if they are identical twins ... The engine data is different for each once they run ... all the engine data like injector corrections, cylinder balancing data, odometer, and a ton of other stuff is unique to one engine after the first 10 minutes of run time, after a factory flash program has been installed.

NEXT: that company does nothing but sell HORRIBLE BAD ENGINE DESTROYING PROGRAMS NOT FIT FOR A LAWN-MOWER NONETHELESS A COMMERCIAL ENGINE!!!... FOR MANY YEARS NOW, THEY HAVE BEEN DESTROYING ENGINES LIKE MAD!!!.... I HAVE NO IDEA WHY SO MANY TRUCK OWNERS TRY TO USE THOSE CLOWNS OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES FOR ANYTHING BUT DESTROYING THEIR ENGINES ALL IN THE NAME OF SOME IGNORANT SUPER-TRUCKER GLORY!.

More than 95% of all the shops that do "tuning" are beyond horrible brain butchers... going to places like that is asking to do nothing but destroy your engine.

Eucate yourself on this subject... here is a good starting place...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

-- What issue(s) are you trying to solve any ways?. Some history and background, what you haul, make/model engines and trucks, etc... would help.

you mentioned the files begin with "EF" .. are these CM2350's?

and what software/adapter are you using on them?

What modifications have been done to the trucks/engines? .. deleted (de-mandated)? ... Are there any hardware mods done?

- there are ppl that can help do things right on here ... but no one on here is going to help you tear up your engines because you want big power.... you will simply get kicked off here if that is all your looking for ... it is downright stupid to do things that severely shorten engine life, and no one on here supports that garbage.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
There hasn't been any mods done on them,they're stock, but I put the tune on the 400 for a short time and put it to where it was. None are deleted

Flies are 2350's the file on the 400hp is EF10048.26 and the EF file on the 450 is EF10088. I'm just trying to get the 450hp truck back to Normal because now it has the ef10048.26 file instead of the ef10088 original file.
replyreply
(05-02-2021 )ab21 Wrote:  ... I'm just trying to get the 450hp truck back to Normal because now it has the ef10048.26 file instead of the ef10088 original file.

like I said... take it to a stelaers$it and have the correct software and settings flashed back into it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Could you elaborate on this Rawze? Are there parameters that are learned by the ecm while running? They have to start out blank when flashed in?? I'm probably way off here but just trying to learn why you couldn't flash an identical truck and engine with the same demandate file?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(05-02-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Could you elaborate on this Rawze? Are there parameters that are learned by the ecm while running? They have to start out blank when flashed in?? I'm probably way off here but just trying to learn why you couldn't flash an identical truck and engine with the same demandate file?

When someone flashes a factory file with Insite and a factory-made file ... It does a "first boot" and clears, then rebuilds all the collected data for how the engine runs. Cylinder balance data, injector flow offsets, and quite a bit of other information is built back up during the first 8~ish or so minutes of engine run time. ... After that, much of that data is never collected or adjusted again... some of that data is continuously updated though.

if someone "copies" the program out of one truck and puts it into another using a tool like Calhterm ... a lot of that data gets transferred as well... and this is not good. not only that but other truck specific data like vin#, mileage data, detected devices and their identities that have been collected in the engine on the J1939 get transferred and all sorts of other things that are not good.

hence.... THESE IDIOT TUNING GUYS WHO COPY PROGRAMS FORM ONE TRUCK TO ANOTHER ARE MORONS!... and this should never be done.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , JimT
Am I able to do the flash myself and reprogram it? I do have the insite but if someone walks me through it, I'll be able to do it, taking it to the stealersh!t is a hassle. What else do I need to just transfer the actual file to the truck that it belongs to?

Thanks
replyreply
05-03-2021, (Subject: Isx 15 files ) 
Contact runningrough here on the forum.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.