cummins isx15 injector
05-03-2021, (Subject: cummins isx15 injector ) 
RE: cummins isx15 injector
* If it fails an injector with codes, then it most likely need replacement.

* Also... when you installed new injectors, etc... did you do a rail leak test to ensure everything was good to go?. Any time you work on the fuel system you need to do an injector leak test to make sure the fuel system is not hemorrhaging fuel and causing issues.
here is a video about it...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-03-2021 )Ibanes Wrote:  ...
a cummins isx15
... truck has the following codes # 3545, #1144 active and inactive are codes #3253, #3311

...i tried to run re-gen and it fails..

You did not specify what year/model ISX it is. CM2250?, CM2350? -- Maybe an Engine ser#? (ESN#)?. That way those codes can be properly looked up on Quickserv?

ASLO...

DID YOU verify the actual part#'s of those exhaust elements you pulled out of that other truck? .. Just because it is the same make/model truck does not mean it does not have updated, or different capacity units. What is the engine ser# (esn#) of the truck they were taken from?. That way it can also be looked up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-03-2021 )Ibanes Wrote:  I just dropped old oil and filters and added new oil and filters...

That's not nearly enough to save the engine. How many miles was it driven before it was discovered that the pump failed? I know Mr Hagg has gotten good at flushing them out but from what I hear it's a LOT of work and has to be caught in about the first 300 miles after failure or its likely to far gone to save it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ibanes
(05-03-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
a cummins isx15
... truck has the following codes # 3545, #1144 active and inactive are codes #3253, #3311

You did not specify what year/model ISX it is. CM2250?, CM2350? -- Maybe an Engine ser#? (ESN#)?. That way those codes can be properly looked up on Quickserv?

ASLO...

DID YOU verify the actual part#'s of those exhaust elements you pulled out of that other truck? .. Just because it is the same make/model truck does not mean it does not have updated, or different capacity units. What is the engine ser# (esn#) of the truck they were taken from?. That way it can also be looked up.

cm2350 engine serial # 79703419 esn# 79703419 p/n 5317106 s/n 4003057 d/c 11202013 e/c ef10054.16-80000
replyreply
(05-03-2021 )Ibanes Wrote:  
a cummins isx15

ASLO...

cm2350 engine serial # 79703419 esn# 79703419 p/n 5317106 s/n 4003057 d/c 11202013 e/c ef10054.16-80000

Active codes according to your post ...

3545 - Aftertreatment Outlet NOx Sensor (is not communicating / unplugged / missing).

1144 - Injector Solenoid for Cylinder 5 - (Stuck Solenoid detected).

and Inactive codes according to your post...

3253 - Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter (overheated during regen Moderately Severe Level ).

3311 - Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter (overheated during regen Very Severe Level).

==================

Most likely the DPF overheated... this is why it will not regen. this could be for many reasons including partially blocked up SCR, to the turbo closing too far due to intake or other restrictions... to the wrong program perhaps in the ECM.

- What program is in the ecm?... Has anyone changed it to "up the horsepower"?.. if so, put the original program back in + update it to ensure the issue your having is not solved with an update.

- Did the part#s for those units match that were taken off the truck with the one's put back on?

-- WHY would you have active codes for a missing NOx sensor. This is either the wrong program in the ecm, or something with it is bad. The entire system is not going to work unless you solve BOTH of those active codes.

-- DID you also include/move the entire DPF module that was strapped onto the outside DPF can from the other truck?,... or did you unhook it from the can and use the module that should have stayed with the truck>?

the injector code should not be present at all. it is not normal to get those codes unless something is wrong. Maybe move the injector (and its mated feed tube) to another hole and see if the issue goes away?

Also make sure it passes a rail leak test if you do this.

just some thoughts.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ibanes
(05-03-2021 )Ibanes Wrote:  
a cummins isx15

ASLO...

Active codes according to your post ...

3545 - Aftertreatment Outlet NOx Sensor (is not communicating / unplugged / missing).

1144 - Injector Solenoid for Cylinder 5 - (Stuck Solenoid detected).

and Inactive codes according to your post...

3253 - Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter (overheated during regen Moderately Severe Level ).

3311 - Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter (overheated during regen Very Severe Level).

==================

The DPF overheated... this is why it will not regen. this could be for many reasons including partially blocked up SCR to turbo closing too far due to intake or other restrictions... to the wrong program perhaps in the ECM.

- What program is in the ecm?... Has anyone changed it to "up the horsepower"?.. if so, put the origional program back in.

- Did the part#s for those units match that were taken off the truck with the one's put back on?

-- WHY would you have active codes for a missing NOx sensor. This is either the wrong program in the ecm, or something with it is bad. The entire system is not going to work unless you solve BOTH of those active codes.

-- DID you also include/move the entire DPF module that was strapped onto the outside DPF can from the other truck?,... or did you unhook it from the can and use the module that should have stayed with the truck>?

the injector code should not be present at all. it is not normal to get those codes unless something is wrong.

i will inspect all this info given today..i truly appreciate everyone here with advise. Will notify of what ever i find..
replyreply
05-04-2021, (Subject: cummins isx15 injector ) 
Don't forget the oil cooler, not just the oil pump. The cooler has many small passages that get clogged up with debris. Also, make sure you get the correct cooler for your engine and tune. There's a steel plate and a copper plate cooler, depending on the HP rating of the engine. Quickserve has plenty of info about the differences.

While you have the bottom end open you may want to remove and inspect the piston cooling nozzles to make sure they aren't clogged up and see if you can get a look at the liners for any scarring from debris.

The hard part is flushing out all the oil journals and passages. The block, head, all the piston rods... I'm not an expert, but if I remember correctly oil flows through the crankshaft to the piston rods so that's yet another place that coud become clogged up. With all the work being done, especially the cam replacement, I personally would have considered a full inframe and extensive flushing of oil passages just to have all the internals in the best condition possible.

Also, if there was that much debris in the system that the turbo and other parts needed to be replaced then you air compressor could be in the same situation.

Finally, maybe check the oil bypass valve on the oil filter housing for debris.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
05-04-2021, (Subject: cummins isx15 injector ) 
Mr. hag and his gang are pretty good a flushing an ISX out after an oil pump failure.. maybe he will chime in on the subject with dome details. I know it is no easy task.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.