cummins isx15 injector
05-03-2021, (Subject: cummins isx15 injector ) 
RE: cummins isx15 injector
* when the fuel pump fails.... it sends shrapnel through the entire engine... all lubricated parts of it... YOU HAVE TO FLUSH THE ENGINE OILING SYSTEM and usually replace the oil cooler to go along with this.

That is what the other person was asking you.

NEXT: you said you use the DPF etc. exhaust elements off another truck. --- YOU CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT TAKING SOME EXTRA STEPS... EVEN IF IT IS AN EXACT MATCHING UNIT!!! --- You should have taken them to a stealers$it and had them baked, de-ashed, and flow-tested FIRST... THEN PERFORMED A MAINTENENCE RESET AND NEW DPF ELEMENT PROCEDURES in Insite... The engine ECM has a counter for the amount of soot and ash in those exhaust elements... putting different elements on DOES NOT RESET THIS COUNTER!. -- Whenever
you put a different DPF, DOc, etc.. ion the vehicle... THE ECM HAS TO BE TOLD YOU DID THIS!... and the only way is to have them all baked and flow-tested first before resetting those counters.... OTHERWISE, THE ECM WILL FLAG ALL OF THEM AS BAD when it sees a sudden change in the flow rates.

--- you next move is to REMOVE the DOC and DPF units... take em to a stealser#$it with the equipment to bake them, de-ash them, and flow test them to ensure they are within spec ... pout em back on and perform the necessary resets in Insite. -- Otherwise you will just be chasing ghost errors and your tail non0stop with it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: cummins isx15 injector - Rawze - 05-03-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.