Isx cm870 rebuild
01-03-2024, (Subject: Isx cm870 rebuild ) 
Isx cm870 rebuild
I have a 2009 peterbilt with a cm870 its been chnaged from a cm871 by someone at some point it was a cheap farm truck worked ok head leaked oil ans hard start cranks way longer than any isx iv been near so i did head gasket it sealed up nicely then exhaust clamp turned at some point and got the oil cooler housing well someone got it hot and it had lots of blow by but ran ok so i changed oil cooler housing i used cummins plug kit but the engine didnt last long it got a bad knock so we parked it well this winter i pulled engine out as i wanted to find out what made the noise it broke number 5 liner it was in the pan there is some damage to block where rod has hit but i think it be ok but i need to check more but can this 450hp st be rebuilt to a 565 or 600 spec inside its serial number is 14044078 thanks
replyreply
RE: Isx cm870 rebuild
sounds like a complete cluster-fKK garbage-can mess and a half-arssed rebuild to me.

going and trying to be cheap = getting nothing but garbage-can grief and repeated engine failures.

and NO YOU SHOULD NOT TRY TO PUT BIGGER CPL PARTS IN IT!!>.. THAT MAKES THINGS FAR WORSE!!... NOT BETTER!.

you got what you paid for..> SOMEONE ELSE'S TRASH!

ITS TIME TO DO THINGS RIGHT ... AND YANK THAT DAMAGED GARBAGE OUT OF IT.. AND GO BUY THE CORRECT MODEL CM871 LONG-BLOCK AND PUT IT ALL BACK RIGHT!>

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Not gonna spend 60k plus put the dpf junk back on if the blocks ok no reason it cant be rebuilt and run for the life of the truck its a cheap farm truck does 10000km a year maybe
replyreply
(01-03-2024 )Darrenfarmer Wrote:  Not gonna spend 60k plus put the dpf junk back on if the blocks ok no reason it cant be rebuilt and run for the life of the truck its a cheap farm truck does 10000km a year maybe

nobody said to put the dpf back on it.. just put the right model engine back in since the one you got has block damage.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.