Can you clean dozer injector behind turbo?
08-10-2016, (Subject: Can you clean dozer injector behind turbo? ) 
Can you clean dozer injector behind turbo?
Can you clean or is it not recommended to clean the dozer spray nozzle? If you can clean it what do you do it with?
replyreply
RE: Can you clean dozer injector behind turbo?
You can brush the soot off. I used a brass brush on mine before I fixed it permanently. As far as the nozzle inside there is no cleaning that.
replyreply
You can use a dental pick and a wire brush.
I use a small amount of brake cleaner to flush the residual soot and crap off when I'm done but try not to use a bunch because I've seen it leak coolant around the bun gaskets shortly after.
replyreply
I cleaned mine off with a brass brush and some carb cleaner. However, not too long after, I started having regen problems and replaced it. I had about 460,000 roughly on it though.
Quickserve does say that they can cleaned as well, but it's really going to depend on the condition of it.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
08-11-2016, (Subject: Can you clean dozer injector behind turbo? ) 
While you have the Doser pipe pulled away from the turbo and can see the injector tip,... crank the truck and go look at it to see if it is getting wet while the truck is running. if so, then it is leaking and needs replacing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-14-2016, (Subject: Can you clean dozer injector behind turbo? ) 
I cleaned mine today with carb cleaner. It is less than a year old so I suspect I have a crack in the egr cooler since o have a loss of coolant and the Doser was caked with carbon. I am going to replace it and check the cooler next weekend since Cummins is not open on Sundays in my town. Any one who has any input, I would appreciate it.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.