KW Check engine, regeneration completed but insufficient
05-14-2021, (Subject: KW Check engine, regeneration completed but insufficient ) 
KW Check engine, regeneration completed but insufficient
Hello,
maybe somebody can help me out
I have check engine light on kw t680 2016 mx13 paccar engine
no derate mode , drives fine
On my dash i have spn 5319, on Autel diagnostic i have P3800 regeneration completed but insufficient
After Forced regeneration on Autel computer , check engine light went off
After driving 300-400miles, self regen starts check engine light on again

I have diagnostic diagram readings after forced regen i done ( colored picture) , and have temperature readings after truck did self regen once driving on the road ( temperature table 4 pages) seem temperatures are to low once truck do his own regen

All help appreciated!!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)
./uploads/202105/post_5551_1620974530_9e34eaca3fff347e1731309bda5bbc16.jpeg./uploads/202105/post_5551_1620974316_7c91fd3c432bc3b7d46b618b40c733e0.jpeg./uploads/202105/post_5551_1620974308_2c3534dfe1d06c0c5fb93c342ef4ce01.jpeg./uploads/202105/post_5551_1620974286_b7ddc4b9c94b579bd355ffd7f1bd8795.jpeg
replyreply
05-14-2021, (Subject: KW Check engine, regeneration completed but insufficient ) 
RE: KW Check engine, regeneration completed but insufficient
I’d agree the temperatures look too low during regen. I’d begin by looking for any exhaust leaks then move on to the dpf/doc being plugged and needing serviced.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
when is the last time someone did an EGR tune-up on it?.

Things like replacing the IMAP sensor, Cleaned out the EGR piping and valve.. replaced the EGR Delta-P and other related sensors?

Anyone bother to clean the Doser Injector tip and inspect it for seepage?

How about mileage, etc?.. what kind of mileage is on those DOC/DPF cans? . When is the last time someone pulled them off and had them baked, de-ashed, and flow-tested?

-- Its called preventative maintenance for a reason. The DPF system does not make soot... it collects it. You must service the engine by doing tune-up work to it in order to keep those exhaust systems happy.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks for all replies and help
Will check all sensors, egr etc
replyreply
05-15-2021, (Subject: KW Check engine, regeneration completed but insufficient ) 
First, what's the odometer reading? Second, are you getting any white/grey smoke while driving during an active regen? Smell of unburnt fuel?

What's your oil consumption like?

If you've done a complete EGR tuneup as Rawze mentioned and detailed in many other posts on this site (and in some videos found above) and there are no exhaust leaks and the DPF injector is functioning properly and not clogged up with soot, then I'd start to focus on some combination of excessive oil (or coolant) in the exhaust stream and/or a clogged/failing DOC. There's also a stuck EGR valve that could contribute to this problem.

Parked/Forced regen works because of the controlled setting. Engine speed is constant, all variables and outside factors remain mostly static. Active regens however need to adapt to constantly changing conditions and any one item out of spec could screw up the entire system.

Also, as the engine ages and consumes more oil that affects DPF soot and ash loads. At the same time as the DOC ages it's effectiveness diminishes. It seems on these 2250/2350 engines that somewhere in the 450,000 mile to 600,000 mile range, depending on how they were maintained and operated, the declining health of both converge to create a situation similar to what you described. Parked/Forced regens work while Active and Passive regen fail. Regens in general become more frequent and less effective. Eventually the system just can't cope and you get plugged up DPF's leading to derates, stop engine lights, possible tows and $15,000 worth of replacement exhaust components. --- Not saying you're here right now, just generalizing the downward spiral I've seen described time and again.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.