Grinding noise during deceleration.
05-14-2021, (Subject: Grinding noise during deceleration. ) 
Grinding noise during deceleration.
Hello all, I recently bought a 2015 Kenworth T680, 10 speed Eaton trans, with a Cummins Engine 400,000 miles on the clock. While driving today, it started rattling and grinding really bad when going into 10th gear. While the rattling/grinding is happening the shifter will not go into gear. The gears seem like they’re doing too fast. Clutch brake doesn’t help. When I finally get it in gear, it grinds sporadically or when I decelerate. It seems most prevalent in a certain throttle position (50%-70% throttle). And, the speedometer slightly fluctuates +/- 1mph on cruise. Any ideas on what’s happening?
replyreply
05-14-2021, (Subject: Grinding noise during deceleration. ) 
RE: Grinding noise during deceleration.
Sounds like either the clutch brake went out. Your suspension is dumped and putting stress on the driveline and/or possibly a rear-end is toast. But if it only happens on the high hole it may be a problem with the slider on the main shaft for 5th and 10th. Does it do what you describe only in 10th or is it in 5th too? Any other drivability problems in any other gears?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammer Transportation
05-15-2021, (Subject: Grinding noise during deceleration. ) 
Does it do it in the same stick position in both ranges?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammer Transportation
05-19-2021, (Subject: Grinding noise during deceleration. ) 
(05-14-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Sounds like either the clutch brake went out. Your suspension is dumped and putting stress on the driveline and/or possibly a rear-end is toast. But if it only happens on the high hole it may be a problem with the slider on the main shaft for 5th and 10th. Does it do what you describe only in 10th or is it in 5th too? Any other drivability problems in any other gears?

Thanks a lot. You were right. It was a bad height leveling control valve. You’re a life saver.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.