2010 ProStar ECM Issues
05-18-2021, (Subject: 2010 ProStar ECM Issues ) 
2010 ProStar ECM Issues
Hi guys,

I have a 2010 International ProStar that I purchased last year, which has been converted into a tow vehicle for my 5th wheel RV. It's been in a shop for about a month now and can't seem to get it squared away. I originally put it into the shop to (1) have it serviced, (2) fix a leaking wheel hub, and (3) replace all 3 of the AC duct actuators because one of them was setting a code occasionally.

At the time I dropped the truck off, these were the only known issues. Truck ran fine and AC was actually functioning. I have used this local shop before and they came highly recommended by others. When I went to pick the truck up I noticed that the AC was no longer cooling so I left it with them thinking something probably just wasn't reset correctly after changing the actuators; probably not a big deal I thought. Couple days later I called and the mechanic said he just pulled it back into the shop and thought it was probably just low on refrigerant, but he heard the tensioner pulley on the front of the engine rattling so we agreed to replace that. The next day I called to check again and he said the bolts broke off on the tensioner pulley and he had to order new ones which would be in the next week.

The next week I followed up again, and he said that after he replaced the tensioner he couldn't get the truck to crank. Turns over, but won't start. ECM fuse was blown, so he replaced that and now his computer wouldn't talk to it anymore. Still won't crank. Thinks there is a wiring issues and/or the ECM is dead.

Now I'm getting very nervous, as I don't know where this is headed. The obvious question in the back of my mind is whether or not any of the previous work could somehow be related to these new issues? Truck ran and AC worked when I took it in, now truck doesn't run. Thoughts?

Regards,

Danny
replyreply
05-18-2021, (Subject: 2010 ProStar ECM Issues ) 
RE: 2010 ProStar ECM Issues
* do you hear the electric fuel pump running when the key-switch in the dash is turned to the on position?

* is there any oil pressure that starts showing on the oil pressure gauge in the dash after about 15-20 seconds, while cranking the engine?

* did your mechanic bother to connect up his diag. software to the 3-pin "Weather-pack" connector out at the engine?

* anyone bother to check for power at the 4-pin power connector at the ecm?

- From your descriptions so far, it sounds to me like your mechanic is just guessing at it. That would scare me real fast with an ISX, as many people are clueless on how to work on them properly.. and even more clueless when it comes to ecm and/or programming, etc.. work.

- Is that engine "deleted".. de-mandated? .. That would be the next major concern.

does this truck have DPF only on it>? or does it also have DEF dfluid tank? . Is it a CM871 ISX?... or a CM2250 ISX?... if your not sure then take a pic or 2 of the drivers side and passengers side of the engine and post them here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.