Fault code when going downhill
05-20-2021, (Subject: Fault code when going downhill ) 
Video Fault code when going downhill
I have a 2016 Pete ISX15 2350 that I just bought and started working yesterday.
For two days in a row on the same trip...this code popped up with the amber check engine. Also the red light on the DEF gauge comes on and then goes out.
This happened twice yesterday and twice today at EXACTLY the same place. I was coming down a decent sized hill and had my Jake on and it was holding me at highway speeds pretty good. Then this code popped up.
I went about 40 miles to another hill...going downhill with Jake on...pops up again.
Last night I cleared the inactive code and it's there again tonight.
Happens in the same spots...both days. I guess my truck only wants to drive on flat land or up hills lol.

Any ideas why it would do this?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
05-20-2021, (Subject: Fault code when going downhill ) 
RE: Fault code when going downhill
That code is associated with communications errors on the data-link. Maybe check resistance on can-bus #2?. here is some similar info...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid65035

could also be a sensor going bad. Those NOx sensors are only rated for 250k miles or so. If it has a whole lot more miles than that on it, then replacing it is not a bad option.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Skman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.