ECM Pin connector
05-21-2021, (Subject: ECM Pin connector ) 
ECM Pin connector
   First, the question: how difficult is it, and what is needed to fix/replace a pin in the ecm connector plug?

Now the details: I have a cel for oat (outside air temp) high voltage. Temp on dash reads correctly. No effect on performance. Sensor voltage is ok- 4.75. Insite says 5.2 volts. Replaced sensor, no change. BUT, when it rains the light goes out until it stops and dries up a little. Then light comes back on. I have experimented and gotten it to react. The other day, if I wet the single wire highlighted in the photo, it went out. Then dry it with air, back on again. I thought I nailed it, and replaced the butt connector, which looked fine. It didn’t fix it.
BUT AGAIN, while it was all loose, I could make the light go off and on by moving the wire. It’s pin #19.

Thanks
replyreply
RE: ECM Pin connector
can't find it at the moment but cummins used to sell a repair kit for that plug. it is the OEM harness connector.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
Can't remember where did i see it, probably in quickserve, information about connector manufacturer part #. By manufacturer # you can order pins and tool to replace them on sites like Digi Key or similar.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , Signature620
05-22-2021, (Subject: ECM Pin connector ) 
You will need a specific crimper to attach the new pins to the wires. Alternatively, Cummins sell pigtails which are usually a pin crimped to a short wire with a butt connector on the end. You want part: 3164263.

You'll need a terminal release tool to suit a Deutsch size 20. Cummins sell them in plastic as a 3824815 and they can be found on most online electronics stores.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , snailexpress , Mrkentee , Nostalgic
05-24-2021, (Subject: ECM Pin connector ) 
(05-22-2021 )Signature620 Wrote:  You will need a specific crimper to attach the new pins to the wires. Alternatively, Cummins sell pigtails which are usually a pin crimped to a short wire with a butt connector on the end. You want part: 3164263.

You'll need a terminal release tool to suit a Deutsch size 20. Cummins sell them in plastic as a 3824815 and they can be found on most online electronics stores.

That’s exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you!

Perhaps since it was an add-on, it was more likely to loosen up? It started when coming across the Cross Bronx of all places. I usually avoid it, but time and elogs!!!

I’m guessing it was something added on for Peterbilts with the OAT sensor on the door/mirror, which is why it isn’t in the original harness ???
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.