After Rawze (AR)
08-23-2016, (Subject: After Rawze (AR) ) 
RE: After Rawze (AR)
(08-12-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  We clamp the prob to the exhaust manifold however if you do not clamp it on the very tip it will not read right. Say if it is 1 inch back its about 100 off. Most all trucks we have done to date run about 400 to 500 no load with load about 550 to 650.

I started wondering about the way mine was clamped on. I've tried it different ways, putting the hose clamp on the tip. I had it a little ways back before. It seemed to read about the same. I have 2 clamps on it now.
But I checked it with my laser and was surprised to find the gauge reading about 60° lower than the actual temp. That's at idle. I can't say what the difference would be rolling with a load. It doesn't usually go much higher than 750, and I try to stay at 700 or below. Dang if these things aren't a pain in the rear.
At idle the manifold is about 210, and the turbo itself is about 240.
replyreply
08-26-2016, (Subject: After Rawze (AR) ) 
End of the second week after Rawze. Beginning mileage 684770, ending mileage 686791. I used 268.084 gallons this week, for a fuel economy 7.538.
replyreply
(08-23-2016 )Mrkentee Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  We clamp the prob to the exhaust manifold however if you do not clamp it on the very tip it will not read right. Say if it is 1 inch back its about 100 off. Most all trucks we have done to date run about 400 to 500 no load with load about 550 to 650.

I started wondering about the way mine was clamped on. I've tried it different ways, putting the hose clamp on the tip. I had it a little ways back before. It seemed to read about the same. I have 2 clamps on it now.
But I checked it with my laser and was surprised to find the gauge reading about 60° lower than the actual temp. That's at idle. I can't say what the difference would be rolling with a load. It doesn't usually go much higher than 750, and I try to stay at 700 or below. Dang if these things aren't a pain in the rear.
At idle the manifold is about 210, and the turbo itself is about 240.

50 - 60 degrees is nothing to worry about. Above 900 is the danger zone.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Last week the exhaust temp did get up to 600 for about a min, and the water got up 200 for a min. Most the time stay at 500 on the exhaust side and 185 on the water side.
replyreply
(08-26-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Last week the exhaust temp did get up to 600 for about a min, and the water got up 200 for a min. Most the time stay at 500 on the exhaust side and 185 on the water side.

It's been hot out, and if you are heavy, pulling any sorts of grades, that sounds normal. I would not worry... Mine has been running a bit hot too, but it is like 90+ degrees here, normally it is in the 70's... I think you are ok... Just my .02
replyreply
09-01-2016, (Subject: After Rawze (AR) ) 
Last week total miles were 1668, and I used 240.004 gals of fuel. Making the week fuel economy at 6.949. The loads this week we're all over 46k and nothing but the mountains in North GA thru NC and TN. The exhaust Temps did reach up to 700 and did have to get boost over 20 psi a few times. Given the roads conditions and weight of the loads, I'm extremely pleased with the truck's performance.
replyreply
I did do a oil change last week, had approx 4600 miles on the oil. I'll be doing another oil change on tuesday the 6th. I can already see a difference in the color of the oil.
replyreply
(09-01-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  I did do a oil change last week, had approx 4600 miles on the oil. I'll be doing another oil change on tuesday the 6th. I can already see a difference in the color of the oil.

By the time you get that next change in, it will start to run clean and bright yellow. Give it a couple more changes (at normal intervals after that 3rd one) and it will start staying bright yellow all the time. -- I hate black oil!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Enjoy that easy oil dipstick reading now while it is black. After Rawze, a few oil changes later you're going to need to wear glasses to see the clean oil on the dipstick.

You might even panic thinking you ran it out of oil! Lol bet you wish you would have got it fixed permanently a long time ago!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.