Purge air actuator code 3225, spn 3490 and an air dryer
05-22-2021, (Subject: Purge air actuator code 3225, spn 3490 and an air dryer ) 
Purge air actuator code 3225, spn 3490 and an air dryer
A couple weeks ago I headed out to load, about 3 miles down the road the check engine light came on. I turned around and went back to our yard. Insite told me it was Dpf purge air actuator 3225 and spl #3490. One of the guys in the shop came out to see what was going on and we both started looking for information on the codes. A few minutes later he found the actuator on the motor and unplugged the airline to it, there was no air. At the air dryer port there was nothing coming out either. He blew some shop air through the line to make sure it wasn't plugged and came to the conclusion it was more than likely the air dryer and that was the problem. The aux ports were plugging up with junk and not letting enough pressure through. With the new dryer on, the engine runs much different, it's smoother and I can hear the turbo more often than I had in the past. I wonder now if the low air pressure had an effect on other engine components to not function properly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
05-22-2021, (Subject: Purge air actuator code 3225, spn 3490 and an air dryer ) 
RE: Purge air actuator code 3225, spn 3490 and an air dryer
Could very well have been the air dryer, most owners do not even know they have one on the truck! Then the air dryer cartridge, most folks never change them out. I change mine out every 6 months, or twice a year. I have been really surprised on how gunked up they get in such a short time. Imagine going a few years without changing one? Same with the power steering fluid filter, it is located in the power steering fluid reservoir. Or the water filter cartridge for the coolant system, it is down by the water pump.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Meanwhile
05-29-2021, (Subject: Purge air actuator code 3225, spn 3490 and an air dryer ) 
RE: Purge air actuator code 3225, spn 3490 and an air dryer
I've been meaning to get back here but, I've been pretty busy the last few weeks.

Since having this truck, about 2 years, I've changed the dryer cartridge a few times. The beginning of March I changed it along with the leaking purge valve. Maybe disturbing the purge valve loosened up some gunk inside which plugged the Aux ports? I guess it doesn't matter now since the dryer has been replaced.

User's Signature: 2013 KW t-660 CM2250, 10 speed auto, 3:55 on 22.5 lp,
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.