Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives?
05-26-2021, (Subject: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives? ) 
Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives?
Just as title says, anyone have experience with either of these? Trying to get a little feedback before shelling out 5k blindly on a set of drives. (They would be in a LP 22.5)

- Michelin claims the XDA Energy it is a more fuel efficient/longer service life option than the Bridgestone M710. The Bridgestone M713 is apparently the newer/better version of the M710. I already know of the service life the M710s can get from this forum.

I'm sure both are fine, just wanted to see if anyone runs these or why you would choose one tire over the other.
replyreply
RE: Michelin XDA Energy or Bridgestone M713 drives?
I have always run the M710's (because I get a mega-carrier fleet discount on Bridgestone). I get 9+ MPG everywhere I go. They last about 450k miles or so at a time. I run them at 110-PSI cold pressure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Toolguy , juicefromaus
I just replaced a set of 710’s at 206xxx miles. For what I do that’s ok for longevity but not great. I’ve always got better tread life with the Michelin’s to the tune of near 300k unfortunately where I’m at my tire guy couldn’t get the XDA’s so I had to go with the X Line D’s.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
I run Michelin, but super singles. I run the X one line grip D. Used to be the XDN2. No complaints. I usually swap at half tread because my tire guy will give good money at that level for the used ones. The last ones had 280,000 at half tread and they were worn perfectly even. They looked like a brand new tire just half the tread! I run Michelin on everything expect one of my trailers that is a 17.5 spread axle. It gets Bridgestones because they seem to last longer on that trailer for some reason...

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
This truck had xdn2 on it when I bought it. My other truck has m710. The 710 gets 1 mpg better than the xdn2 and the trucks are setup similar except the xdn2 is 455/1750 and the 710 truck is 485/1850. Geared the same, body is different...387 vs prostar..
replyreply
How are the 710’s compared to the XDN2’s in the snow?? Just curious. I try not to run when it’s shitty out but always end up in the snow at least once a year. The XDN2’s never miss a beat. But I am always open to trying new things.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
I almost got stuck barefoot in Colorado in 6 inches unplowed where truck spun out at the top of the hill on 287...they spun and grabbed with little issues and they were down around 8/32. I find it's more driver inability than tire inability.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
That’s good to know. I may check them out next time. How do they compare price wise??

replyreply
With Landstar discounts I think Micheline is like 30-60 more a tire.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.