EPA21 X15
05-26-2021, (Subject: EPA21 X15 ) 
EPA21 X15
So I just picked up an EPA21 X15 Monday and was wondering which version of Insite everyone’s using for these new engines. From what I understand the trusty 7.6.2 isn’t gonna work and the newer versions aren’t as readily available? Also does the older inline’s work for these or do I need to update the adapter as well? If someone could PM me or point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
RE: EPA21 X15
8.3 and newer only, also you'll need inline7 or USB link2.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
(05-26-2021 )marek4792 Wrote:  8.3 and newer only, also you'll need inline7 or USB link2.

Is there a year/version/tool list somewhere? Wasn't sure how new I could hook up with 7.6 and 3.14, but want to keep a friend from spending $4800 at "Snake Oil Sales PP Inc" to "tune" his X15.
replyreply
I use Insite 7.6 and CT 3.17 on X15's. I even use it with my inline-5 adapter.

it is not the best solution, I can only read codes with the insite and look them up on quickserv as the fault code descriptions do not always match... but it works.

As far as CT goes, 3.17 is just fine.

As far as the adapter, i have the slower older inline-5 .. some trucks I have to hook up out on the engine side (the 3 pin weather-pack connector) because of my slower adapter, but it works.

---

At some point I do need to get an inline 6 or 7 ... and insite 8, so that i can flash an X15 with Insite ... but I have just not really needed it yet. I have been using CT to flash for now instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , Nostalgic
Thanks for the replies guys I’ll try to use what I’ve got then, I only wanna change speed limit, jake delay ect...until the warranty runs out.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
(05-26-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  I use Insite 7.6 and CT 3.17 on X15's. I even use it with my inline-5 adapter.

it is not the best solution, I can only read codes with the insite and look them up on quickserv as the fault code descriptions do not always match... but it works.

As far as CT goes, 3.17 is just fine.

As far as the adapter, i have the slower older inline-5 .. some trucks I have to hook up out on the engine side (the 3 pin weather-pack connector) because of my slower adapter, but it works.

---

I need at some point I do need to get an inline 6 or 7 ... and insite 8, so that i can flash an X15 with Insite ... but I have just not really needed it yet. I have been using CT to flash for now instead.

Good to know that CT will work. I really don't have high hopes that he'll listen to me or even let me help (for free). I've offered, but all I can do is watch from the sidelines at this point. 565/2050 and it's set to cut fuel @ 1800 rpm. I told him it's best to just keep trading every 3 years, or keep $50k on hand for a new dealer crate engine.
replyreply
(05-26-2021 )Nostalgic Wrote:  I told him it's best to just keep trading every 3 years, or keep $50k on hand for a new dealer crate engine.

why not just set it up to last a million miles and stop wasting money instead. That is what i would do.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-26-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  why not just set it up to last a million miles and stop wasting money instead. That is what i would do.

Same here, but you've met many with the same mindset. Take it to the dealer, or (Snake Oil) can do ...... for $5k and give you more power and better economy. Just like the guys that talk about their (Snake Oil) power knob and how it won't hurt the engine if you crank it up, "the computer automatically adjusts" and won't let you hurt anything.

I usually don't even bother saying anything, or just remind them that taxation is theft and check out of the conversation lol.
replyreply
05-27-2021, (Subject: EPA21 X15 ) 
(05-26-2021 )Nostalgic Wrote:  
(05-26-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  why not just set it up to last a million miles and stop wasting money instead. That is what i would do.

Same here, but you've met many with the same mindset. Take it to the dealer, or (Snake Oil) can do ...... for $5k and give you more power and better economy. Just like the guys that talk about their (Snake Oil) power knob and how it won't hurt the engine if you crank it up, "the computer automatically adjusts" and won't let you hurt anything.

I usually don't even bother saying anything, or just remind them that taxation is theft and check out of the conversation lol.

yup... seems to be the trend any more.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.