EPA21 X15
05-27-2021, (Subject: EPA21 X15 ) 
RE: EPA21 X15
I couldn't get 7.6.2 to work on my X15 but I'm also not the computer wiz that Rawze is. I had to get 8.3 and it worked fine.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
05-27-2021, (Subject: EPA21 X15 ) 
Ok so here’s what I’ve found out. 7.6.2 does indeed work with my 2450a!!! Additionally my inline 5 with a CAN1 to CAN3 adapter (pic below) hooks right into the dash and works great. I’ve changed the speed limits and jake delay as well as checked the aftertreatment history(only one so far). But now I’m at a loss, as I thought the jake on/off and clutch switch wasn’t programmed properly from the factory. It seems as if the jake comes on at lower speeds regardless of the switch being off. I realize it could be trying to build heat with the turbo position for the SCR but I’ve driven it almost 300 miles and as soon as I get in stop and go traffic it seems the turbo and/or jakes will engage slowing the truck down. Is this “normal” for these engines? It sure makes it a PITA to navigate through town for sure.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
05-28-2021, (Subject: EPA21 X15 ) 
(05-27-2021 )schISM Wrote:  Ok so here’s what I’ve found out. 7.6.2 does indeed work with my 2450a!!! Additionally my inline 5 with a CAN1 to CAN3 adapter (pic below) hooks right into the dash and works great. I’ve changed the speed limits and jake delay as well as checked the aftertreatment history(only one so far). But now I’m at a loss, as I thought the jake on/off and clutch switch wasn’t programmed properly from the factory. It seems as if the jake comes on at lower speeds regardless of the switch being off. I realize it could be trying to build heat with the turbo position for the SCR but I’ve driven it almost 300 miles and as soon as I get in stop and go traffic it seems the turbo and/or jakes will engage slowing the truck down. Is this “normal” for these engines? It sure makes it a PITA to navigate through town for sure.

With factory programming, the engine changes operating modes, causing the turbo to spool up and choke the engine to keep the exhaust elements warm.

Most (bad) delete programming has this problem too, because the engine mode control logic was not edited properly to prevent it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.