Cm870 running like it out of fuel???
05-27-2021, (Subject: Cm870 running like it out of fuel??? ) 
Cm870 running like it out of fuel???
Ok so here's what's up, cm870 set at 565hp and 1850qt, it will be fine going down the road and all of the sudden it starts chugging and acting like the fuel filters are clogged so I change them out and it runs good, the next day dose the same thing, looked at the codes and the only one up is 0482 fuel pressure low, I have replaced the fuel line and check that they don't have leaks or sucking air, any input is helpful,
replyreply
RE: Cm870 running like it out of fuel???
Check the tanks for Algae? Or, depending on model of truck, there could be a clogged vent or internal pickup tube in the tank. My friends Volvo just had the same issue, it was the tank vent. I'm leaning towards algae if you have not checked for that. Try running a good biocide?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Yeah I have thought of them and the tanks are clean, (dumb of me not to include this info) 06 378 Pete only pulls fuel for the left tank and returns to the left tank, four months ago put on a bigger tank new aftermarket one, didn't have any issues before or after the tank was installed, run new fuel lines because the ones on it where for 06 and it has a fass fuel system on it,
replyreply
Check if your tank breather tube is clean. Early Cm870 ifsms had a filter screen in the intake port before the electric lift pump that should be discarded. Have you ran the truck with insite or c@lterm plugged in, maybe a sensor going bad?
replyreply
Looking at it with insite and the sensor if fine and I did just check the vents they are working good
replyreply
Could be that Fass system, no real need for that thing in my book.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
05-28-2021, (Subject: Cm870 running like it out of fuel??? ) 
(05-27-2021 )Rtrucking Wrote:  ...
it has a fass fuel system on it,

Disconnect the fass from the fuel system to eliminate it from being a possibility.. Its nothing but dead weight after-market garbage on that engine any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-28-2021, (Subject: Cm870 running like it out of fuel??? ) 
I had same symptoms with my 870. End up changing fuel gear pump,so far so good.Good luck.

User's Signature: One word not enough two words to much to say
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , superbudy208
06-11-2021, (Subject: Cm870 running like it out of fuel??? ) 
Well I know it's been a while but I figured I would update on this, change out the gear pump and it ran great for two days and that was without the fass fuel system hooked up or plumbing in then I started to do it again, just let someone had put a ball valve in the fuel line and started to close it, so I'm open to ideas or thoughts because I'm at a lost on what it is, but I have completely cleaned and resealed the ifms, replaced the gear pump, and made sure the fuel line are open and clean and have new filters on, so if anyone has a idea let's hear it
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.