W900 ambient air temp sensor
06-01-2021, (Subject: W900 ambient air temp sensor ) 
W900 ambient air temp sensor
2019 w900 x15. Has anyone had one these ambient air temp sensors built into the mirror harness go bad? Is there a way to install a normal temp sensor? Mines bad and the harnesses are on natl backorder as well as have a 300$ price tag!!!
replyreply
06-02-2021, (Subject: W900 ambient air temp sensor ) 
RE: W900 ambient air temp sensor
Mine went bad on my 2013 Pete, it took a little while to change, the wire runs through the mirror arm to the cab, the connections are plug in, both the mirror and the cab, I took the cover off the bottom arm where it bolts to the cab and and it exposed the wires, I pulled the plastic nut off the bottom of mirror pulled out the wires and plugged the color coded wires up, hooked the new harness to a thin wire and ran through the rubber tube going into the cab (rub dishwashing liquid on the harness it helps it go through the rubber sleeve) I had to take my dash panel off on the left to see where to connect, it has the same connections in the cab, mine was pretty crowded in the dash, but, I managed. As far as replacing the sending unit with something else, I'm not sure, I'm no mechanic but I think that sensor communicates with the ECM along with another sensor on the intake. Hope this helps.....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
(06-01-2021 )smorgan87 Wrote:  2019 w900 x15. Has anyone had one these ambient air temp sensors built into the mirror harness go bad? Is there a way to install a normal temp sensor? Mines bad and the harnesses are on natl backorder as well as have a 300$ price tag!!!

Guess your off to the boneyard.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
You can always make a new harness, I have done that before on my ProStar...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.