A BAD DELETE?
09-17-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
RE: A BAD DELETE?
(09-17-2021 )schISM Wrote:  
(09-17-2021 )fnr12 Wrote:  Hello,

I have a 2013 peterbilt 389 with a cm2250 how do I find out what trim file I need for completing a delete? I have access to calterm just wasn't sure which file it is.

Thanks,

Jim

By “trim file” you mean ecfg, or meta file, plug into the truck and use Calterm to start a module session. When it asks which ecfg to use just choose anything you have and start the session. It will then inform you whether or not your using the correct file and if not what the correct file would be.

ok i wasn't sure, i have seen a bunch of delete programs and the two that i am not sure of are monarch bbz and africa.
replyreply
09-18-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
I’m having trouble connecting my nexiq 2 with calterm I have tried everything and still nothing any help would be very much appreciated. I am trying to get this file uploaded and get the truck on the road again for Monday. Thanks in advance again.
replyreply
09-18-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
No offense but it sounds like you are in over your head. Maybe you should get someone that knows what they are doing to help you with this. Contact runningrough here on the forum.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , fnr12
10-05-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
(09-08-2021 )Jay Wrote:  Hi Everyone , I’m new here and dealing with a bad VGT Turbo problem on my 2012 Cascadia Isx 15 cm2250

I bought this truck and got the delete done with the same guy that did my 3 09 year model trucks with Isx older version (no problems at all with those trucks ) , I really believe he didn’t do a good job on this 2012 Isx15 (cm2250) because the noises coming out of the turbo and the exhaust are always erratic and I always have a VGT actuator out of calibration check engine light on , I have replaced the turbo and the actuator 3 times and still the same but other than the weird noises and turbo perforomce the trucks was running just fine (but still believe something is not right with the way turbo sounds ) and the engine didn’t lasted more than 8 or 9 months after delete was done .However I have rebuilded the engine and took the truck back to this guy to make sure he gets the calibration right but it ended up worse now , he tried to reprogram it and what I’m getting now is black smoke and the turbo doesn’t seems to work at all . Engine is powerless now and tried take to another guy who told me that adding more HP will make the truck run strong again , ( I know that is completely a joke because the truck pulls but still blowing black smoke and turbo not working either ) .

I was hoping I can use some advancing here at this forum , it got the point where I don’t know where to take the truck anymore , so I bought me a Diagnostic computer , I got pretty good , I wanted to see if somebody can check and review my ECM calibration and make sure it sits as it should be to de-mandate the engine the right way !

You can be assured that the so called "Super-Duper" mechanic that did your older trucks, did a horrible job on them too.. you just happened to be the lucky one who did not end up with a blown engine over it.. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THE OLDER TRUCKS YOU HAVE ARE JUST AS BAD!!!.. YOU JUST WERE NOT WELL INFORMED ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER AND HAVE THAT PROGRAMMING LOOKED AT!...

STOP PUTTING FAITH IN PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO DO ECM PROGRAMMING JUST BECAUSE YOU "FEEL" LIKE SOMETHING RUNS OK!!! -- THIS IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKES THAT TRUCK OWNERS DO. I SEE IT OVER AND OVER ON HERE!

HERE IS THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COMPLETE GARBAGE THAT IS IN YOUR CM2250 RIGHT NOW!!!..

====================
* no proper engoine mode control.
-- Will get stuck in SCR warm-up mode perpetually and over-work the turbo and make excess heat in the exhaust all the time. This leads directly to a very short engine life and repeated turbo failures.

* Horrible injection timing that will lead to excess friction and severe engine damage.
-- More then +13 BTDC in some places.. I don't know what kind of weed they had up their arsse but my lawn-mower will not even run without tearing itself up with that much injection timing, nonetheless a 15-liter big diesel engine!.

* ECM is fooled into giving up fuel that it cannot account for.
-- Fools dash into showing higher fuel mileage than actual.
-- Destroys engine cylinder balancing. Adds friction to components.
-- Causes power levels to become unpredictable.

* A bunch of faults active but blocked from showing up in the dash.
-- The EM is screaming a bunch of faults that are suppressed from showing up. This indicates improper delete methods were used.
-- Incomplete delete programming.
-- This causes problems that no mechanic can properly diagnose or troubleshoot.
-- Mysterious power losses with no indication as to what is wrong can happen due to blocked off faults.
-- Problems can occur that cannot be explained due to suppressed faults.
-- Will lead to repeated component failures like turbo and other expensive hardware due to no proper monitoring or fault reporting.

This is your typical hack-n-slash bad delete at its finest. I hope no one paid actual moneys for this garbage that is h$ll bent on destroying a $40,000 commercial engine over and over. Someone should be utterly ashamed of themselves!.

====================

Welcome to the bad delete club! .. Another victim for the record books!

and ... NO .. YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN BE DRIVING THIS TRUCK UNTIL THIS GARBAGE GETS STRAIGHTENED OUT! ... it is really that bad. you should make the person who made this garbage program pay for your failed engine and components!. Maybe that will make them think twice about tearing up people's equipment that they have to rely on to feed their family with!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-05-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
Sounds like another fine canada delete
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-10-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
(10-05-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
Welcome to the bad delete club! .. Another victim for the record books!

and ... NO .. YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN BE DRIVING THIS TRUCK UNTIL THIS GARBAGE GETS STRAIGHTENED OUT! ... it is really that bad. you should make the person who made this garbage program pay for your failed engine and components!. Maybe that will make them think twice about tearing up people's equipment that they have to rely on to feed their family with!.

Thanks for your review, I was wondering if you can help me on tuning this truck up or if you know somebody I can send this file , and also wanted to ask if you know anything about a 2012 Detroit DD15 , I had also done the same thing with the same guy , couple years ago except this dd15 hasn’t give any trouble at all , I was just curious if this engines are the same kind of deal as the isx15
replyreply
11-11-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
(11-10-2021 )Jay Wrote:  Thanks for your review, I was wondering if you can help me on tuning this truck up or if you know somebody I can send this file , ...

as far as straightening out an ISX ...

* Does it still have the VGT turbo on it? (hopefully it does). - some of the codes were blocked in the bad-delete program making it unclear.

*Is the egr cooler still on it?. (hopefully it does).

As far as the programming itself goes...

(Step 1).
-= first: The old (bad) program needs to be copied out of the ECM using the Calterm Software using its "Upload" feature. This establishes that someone is able to copy in/out the program correctly .. and to ensure that if any truck specific settings get lost, this old (bad) program can be referenced to see what they were. It is quite easy to accomplish this, there are how-to's and videos on how to go about this on the www if u look in the right places.
examples:
https://motorstate.com.ua/upload/product...to_ECU.pdf
https://motorstate.com.ua/upload/product...of_ECU.pdf
or a video of this ...
https://www.bitchute.com/video/bodZrPh2c93u/

(Step 2).
-= next: It has to be flashed back to the latest version of its original factory programming according to the engine serial number (the ESN#). Do not try to "uprate" the power, etc.. this is not necessary. It is better to use the exact matching program. The engine needs a clean, factory-original, un-molested file put back into it to get rid of someone else's garbage delete.

(Step 3).
-= next: The engine needs to have 10 minutes of key-on time once it is flashed back to a clean factory program. This is so that it can silently re-build and clean out all the ECM memory properly.

(Step 4).
-= next: Using the same method (using calterm software) that was used to copy and send the bad program to me for review ... The now clean factory program can be copied out and sent (e-mailed) off so that it can be edited (properly de-mandated instead of some garbage method that it had in it before).

(Step 5).
-= next: Using almost the same method (using calterm software) that was used to copy the file out, ... using the "Download: feature of CT to instead, put the finished file back into the ECM.
ex: https://motorstate.com.ua/upload/product...backup.pdf
a video of this...
https://www.bitchute.com/video/VtxZysYP9YbR/

-= last: Ensuring 100% that any necessary hardware mods that were done .. were not done incorrectly .. and any that do need to be performed/straightenend out, will not harm the engine in the future + were done correctly.

I.E.> ...

* If you are able to pull the program using the CT software yourself / have a laptop with an adapter, then a person could easily straighten it out all on your own without it costing them anything. Also, Just about any stealers$it can put the factory programming back in it with the latest OEM software for the truck according to its ser#. <- most stealers$its can put it back stock programming. However, you have to remove and take the ecm to them to have it "Bench Flashed", as the truck will derate if you try to drive it away after you do this.

Again, here is another even more detailed explanation of what needs to happen in a nut shell..
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid58675

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb
03-03-2024, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
thank you for instruction on how to upload and download xcal files .
i successfully uploaded xcal using calterm. now i need to download clean factory
incal because my original xcal is complete garage .
can some one help me with instruction how to download incal in to the calterm
i tried but with no success. it takes xcal ok but not incal .
thank you very much your your time and support [/size]
replyreply
03-03-2024, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
(03-03-2024 )Andrey123 Wrote:  thank you for instruction on how to upload and download xcal files .
i successfully uploaded xcal using calterm. now i need to download clean factory
incal because my original xcal is complete garage .
can some one help me with instruction how to download incal in to the calterm
i tried but with no success. it takes xcal ok but not incal .
thank you very much your your time and support [/size]

BEFORE STARTING: ALWAYS Make a backup of the file (using Calt$erm) that is already in there so that if anything goes wrong, or a setting for the vehicle gets lost, someone can recover it.

After making a backup, u have a few choices...

== Flash a factory file in by using the newest version of Insite + the proper incal file for your truck/engine according to its ser#.

or...

== Take ECM off of truck and down to a stealers$it and have them flash it with lastes software for your truck/engine and restore all truck settings while they are at it (usually costs a few hundred bucks).

or...

After ensuring you have a proper backup of what is already in there...

A)> Make a Work Order.. and then an ECM TEMPLATE!!>>> BOTH!!! .. the ecm template is more important actually.

B)> Unzip the proper blank factory incal file according to your engine ser# ... (using 7-zip from 7zip-org >> they are compressed and passworded). It has to be decompressed for Calt#erm to be able to use it.

B)> The new factory file can now be flased into the ecm (the unzipped incal file). All vehicle settings will be lost at this point. This is because incal files from the engine maker do not contain ANY vehicle specific settings like engine brake and other buttons/signals coming from the vehicle, dash, etc. .. hence the need for making the the ECM template backup in Insite before starting.

C)> After the incal file is flashed back in .. The the vehicle settings (the ecm template) needs to be restored to the engine, via the Insite software.

================

In all cases after a fresh re-flash of a new factory file ... run/idle the vehicle and do not touch anything for at least 10 minutes after a factory file is flashed into the ecm. This is because it will take about 8 minutes to do stuffs in the background upon first flashing it to clean up the memory, balance and collect initial data for the the engine,etc.

E)> After that initial 10 mins of run time + all vehicle settings restored, etc.. ... , if a new backup is needed, or the program needs editing, the clean file can now be safely backed up again properly using the CT software.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andrey123

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.