Bad demandate
04-10-2024, (Subject: Bad demandate ) 
RE: Bad demandate
Does anyone know what I can do to clear up that oil? I was hoping that with new cams, and rockers it might. Plus my damper was off by one hole, so my valve adjustments will have been compromised? Or would that not make that big of a difference?
replyreply
04-11-2024, (Subject: Bad demandate ) 
(04-10-2024 )Oilysnowman Wrote:  Does anyone know what I can do to clear up that oil? I was hoping that with new cams, and rockers it might. Plus my damper was off by one hole, so my valve adjustments will have been compromised? Or would that not make that big of a difference?

If the engine is not de-mandated, then a bypass filter system to keep the soot at bay will help a lot. Oil will still turn black, it cannot be helped when the engine is eating its own farts.. but the soot should not be allowed to build up in there.

If it is de-mandated, it should not be turning black for about 8 - 10k miles or so at a time. Unless you idle a lot, something is likely wrong otherwise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yesterday, (Subject: Bad demandate ) 
It is demandated. I just changed my cams and rockers, looked like my injector cam gear had slipped a little bit, hoping it was that. I’ve got a question about the oil pump shimming, I put six Canadian dimes in, it’s running about 46 psi now. I’m wondering does any one know at what pressure the oil bypass valve would open? I just had a thought, would the bypass valve open if the oil pressure is higher like this, leading to unfiltered oil?[/align]
replyreply
Yesterday, (Subject: Bad demandate ) 
(Yesterday )Oilysnowman Wrote:  It is demandated. I just changed my cams and rockers, looked like my injector cam gear had slipped a little bit, hoping it was that. I’ve got a question about the oil pump shimming, I put six Canadian dimes in, it’s running about 46 psi now. I’m wondering does any one know at what pressure the oil bypass valve would open? I just had a thought, would the bypass valve open if the oil pressure is higher like this, leading to unfiltered oil?[/align]

The oil-filter bypass opens at roughly 80 psi... so no, your mod of 46 psi will not effect the oil filtration.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.