Oil in VGT actuator arm
04-19-2024, (Subject: Oil in VGT actuator arm ) 
Oil in VGT actuator arm
Hi, i have a paccar MX 13 that is giving VGT actuator fault code. I tested it and what sounded like a stuck actuator motor. Its was continuously making clicking noise on VGT actuator wiggle test without moving. I pulled out the actuator and tried to run test without it being on the turbo but the actuator isn't moving which confirms faulty Actuator.

The turbo actuator arm moves freely but what my concern is that there is a little bit of oil right next to actuator arm on the turbo. Is that normal? If not do i need the whole turbo? Is there any rebuild kit to fix it? Just trying to save some money as this is my spare truck and i can work on it on my own pace.

I will post a picture which not a actual pic of the concerned issue but little bit similar. In this picture there is a lot of oil but mine is very little.

Any help wil greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202404/post_6603_1713534508_9fd2328678aae3fa0bea8c96dbd95eae.jpg
replyreply
04-19-2024, (Subject: Oil in VGT actuator arm ) 
RE: Oil in VGT actuator arm
that is not normal. turbo needs replacing or rebuilt by YTS-turbo out of Griffin, GA.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Newbietech
04-21-2024, (Subject: Oil in VGT actuator arm ) 
(04-19-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  that is not normal. turbo needs replacing or rebuilt by YTS-turbo out of Griffin, GA.

Thank you Rawze! As it turns out my turbo is bad. The actuator control arm is not moving all the way to the left on marking point. Also i had other EGR related codes. Could that be because of turbo? I know these are not Paccar codes because i was using incel but just an idea.

I would definitely call YTS on monday. I was actually gonna pull the trigger on reman from {name removed} out of chicago. I don't know if you heard anything about them? Your input is very valuable to me.

Also, truck has 440,000 miles. Do yoh recommend EGR cooler cleaning and EGR valve cleaning? I know these are lots of questions but on the internet i have more trust on you than anybody i know and i dont like to go to stealership anyway. Thanks again!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
That scan tool is nothing but generic trash. You need to get an actual inline-6 datalink adapter and use cummins Insite to see what the actual faults in the ecm are.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-21-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  That scan tool is nothing but generic trash. You need to get an actual inline-6 datalink adapter and use cummins Insite to see what the actual faults in the ecm are.

He has a paccar MX 13 - insite won't help here.
replyreply
(04-21-2024 )Nostalgic Wrote:  
(04-21-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  That scan tool is nothing but generic trash. You need to get an actual inline-6 datalink adapter and use cummins Insite to see what the actual faults in the ecm are.

lol .. ok thanks.. but then he should be using the paccar software to see what the actual code details are.

replyreply
(04-21-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-21-2024 )Nostalgic Wrote:  

lol .. ok thanks.. but then he should be using the paccar software to see what the actual code details are.

Also he will need davie4 for the vgt calibration procedure. Unless he wants to pay thousands for the software his best bet will be to purchase a nexiq and let someone use a software such as flexihub to link their davie4 to the usb link and calibrate the turbo, or take it to a dealer. There is no crack available for davie and there is no aftermarket software that will do the things that davie4 can do as far as I know.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Newbietech , Nostalgic , hookliftpete
Yesterday, (Subject: Oil in VGT actuator arm ) 
I do have Nexiq that i use cummins Insite on my X15. I called dealers around me to see how much Davie 4 is but most of them didn't know what i was talking about. There was one who told he would call me on friday but didn't.

I know paccar is $hit to work with if you like to work on your own equipments. I wish someone find a {solution} for Davie 4 until then i have very limited resource.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.