KW T680 - coolant in diesel Cummins ISX15- cm2350
06-04-2021, (Subject: KW T680 - coolant in diesel Cummins ISX15- cm2350 ) 
KW T680 - coolant in diesel Cummins ISX15- cm2350
Hello Mr. Rawze,

heard about you and watched couple of your videos online and like the way you explain things.
My issue is that I recently became an owner operator and got coolant in fuel. I researched and have been told is cylinder head because of cups not being replaceable. So far mehanic working on it said I should just do the head and clean the lines. Truck so far has 622k miles, and I considered out of frame but he advised not too. What would be best way for truck to get it in best shape I can? Just head or?

There is so many things beside OH, egr cooler, oil cooler, oil thermostat, water pump and regular thermostat, dampener they are all original parts, and I know for pump that would eventually leak.
I already serviced belts,pulleys, fuel pump, put new CAC and turbo. Reason why I m telling you this is should I consider doing new injectors or any OH or anything else from this things serviced?

I would be happy to meet you in person and have your opinion on truck once I start driving it again.

Thank you in advance! [/b][/align]

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: KW T680 - coolant in diesel Cummins ISX15- cm2350
You do know about the fuel pumps? They tend to blow apart and turn these motors into boat anchors if not rebuilt or replaced @ roughly 400,000 miles... And if the injector cups have failed, may as well in frame the motor, as it is more than likely time as it sounds like you own a very abused and neglected truck.

What is the gear ratio and transmission type? What do you haul with this truck? Are the OEM emissions still on the truck, or has it been deleted, and if so, by whom?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Fuel pump recently has changed tappets and was checked not even 10k miles ago. So far i serviced emission system was cleaned and new every sensor, doser and injector and new DOC catalyst. I will try to get inframe with it, but where I can get water pump and should I do the dumpener too?
Not really truck has been maintenened by KW by they didn't do really good job. Transmission is ultrashift auto 10 and i drive dry van between 20-45k ibs.
replyreply
06-05-2021, (Subject: KW T680 - coolant in diesel Cummins ISX15- cm2350 ) 
when it gets inframed, it needs to be counter-bored and liners raised to 0.014". Otherwise it will not extend the life of the engine... and most places do not raise liners that high unless you demand it, as they are severely under-trained on these newer engines. . Also.. use only an OEMM only brand new head... nothing less or you will be doing it again in a couple years.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.