Engine brake staying on
06-05-2021, (Subject: Engine brake staying on ) 
Engine brake staying on
06’ international eagle 9900i with a cm870 and double bunk sleeper. I put the easy jake brake switch on my shifter and it’s great. Well Friday night after I got south of Nashville on I-65 headed back just to south of Birmingham, Al, my engine brakes would not disengage. Pain in the butt shifting through traffic with them on and grossed out. I ohm’d the easy jake wires and they were fine. There is no relay or breaker for the engine brakes. It has the original engine brake switch on it and I’m wondering if that could have failed. Any thoughts or ideas?
replyreply
06-06-2021, (Subject: Engine brake staying on ) 
RE: Engine brake staying on
If you float shift then rest your foot lightly on the clutch pedal to engage the clutch sensor when you shift. This keeps the jakes from barking in between shifts.

As for your problem, I'd wire it back to factory and see if your problem persists. We can't know what all you did to wire up you shifter switch so it needs to be completely excluded for any one on here to give ideas as to what could be happening. If the jakes operate normally other than what you describe it more than likely is gonna be in something you wired up. Maybe even your wiring might have damaged the original switching system. It's hard to tell without being able to see what all you have going on.
replyreply
06-06-2021, (Subject: Engine brake staying on ) 
RE: Engine brake staying on
Wired back (it was just an interrupter switch) and still doing it. Gonna try a different engine brake switch on the dash
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.