Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator
06-20-2021, (Subject: Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator ) 
RE: Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator
(06-16-2021 )RollinCoal Wrote:  just fyi Any truck with a cummins and has a davco should be running fleetguard FS19727 filter

Yes. Going back to my post earlier about having had the same issue, I checked and once I switched to FS19727 the problem stopped and I currently have over 30k on this filter with fuel only about half way up and no blackness on the filter media. Unfortunately the shops (TA) that I no longer use to do my filter/fluid changes would substitute between a few different filters depending what they had on hand. When I started doing my own changes I went by the part #'s they installed and kept having this issue. Finally I did my research and found the FS19727 which has worked fine.

It seems some of the other compatible filters are 7 micron and this one is a 10 micron. Interestingly enough, the low fuel level in the davco problem always occurred with a fresh filter and would eventually go away as the filter started to get black/clog up. Seems counter intuitive to get better flow with a 7 micron filter AFTER it starts to clog up.

Anyway, all I know is FS19727 has worked flawlessly since it was installed and Cummins specifies using a 10 micron filter there, so that's what I'm going to stick with.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2250 Won't prime/no fuel in water separator - JimT - 06-20-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.