Regen question
06-09-2021, (Subject: Regen question ) 
Regen question
   Had a dpf filter plugged up,cleaned and did the imap,delta p,and dpf deferential pressure,sensor,the dosser 1 injector was replaced less then 50k(so fairly new), problem is getting a code 2639 spn 3251 Fmi 15, and when hooking up isite and do a forced regen my temp are in the negative, any input would be helpful as to where to look next
replyreply
06-09-2021, (Subject: Regen question ) 
RE: Regen question
when the dpf and doc were cleaned the temp sensors were disconnected. I would start by checking those connections, maybe pull out a multi-meter and check voltages and such. That would be my first step. Also, in Insite - Data Monitor you should be able to see what the ECM sees for sensor voltage readings. Could be bad wires, bad connection or maybe even a bad sensor. Quickserve should have step-by-step troubleshooting steps for the code.

Next step is to figure out WHY the dpf got plugged up. Bad sensors/readings, especially temp sensors, could be the cause resulting in bad regens or no regens. Or it could be something else and this sensor is just a fluke.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Tqr6
06-10-2021, (Subject: Regen question ) 
What jumps out at me is all 3 read exactly the same. That is impractical as you could drop those 3 sensors into a bucket of water and they'd all show a different temperature within a few degrees.

That -37 seems to me to be a default temperature. I'd definitely check the plugs for corrosion, the wires for evidence they were crushed/pinched or shorted together.
replyreply
06-11-2021, (Subject: Regen question ) 
What are the odds the junction box has gone bad,checked the wires all seemed fine?,pulled these codes ,no cel just the flashing parked regen,bare with me gentlemen I’m still learn how to use insite and quickserver

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
06-11-2021, (Subject: Regen question ) 
Unplug one at a time. Maybe one is bad and pulling all the others high?
replyreply
06-22-2021, (Subject: Regen question ) 
Ok it is a wiring issue,apparently the wires that come from the ecm have chaffed inside the loom from not being properly zipped tied and or secured when I had engine work done,it was riding in the back of the valve cover and has eaten though,I have started repairing wires and got it to regen, but if the loom moves I lose temps so I will have to chase the whole harness from the ecm to the fire wall on the passenger side, hope this helps anyone else..!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
06-22-2021, (Subject: Regen question ) 
(06-22-2021 )Tqr6 Wrote:  Ok it is a wiring issue,apparently the wires that come from the ecm have chaffed inside the loom from not being properly zipped tied and or secured when I had engine work done,it was riding in the back of the valve cover and has eaten though,I have started repairing wires and got it to regen, but if the loom moves I lose temps so I will have to chase the whole harness from the ecm to the fire wall on the passenger side, hope this helps anyone else..!

If that loom is really chewed up, you may want to contact the dealer and price out a new one. To properly repair you may have to remove it from the motor. Problem is, the voltages are so small that run through many of these wires, and with age these voltages and repairs do not play well together and bad things happen.

Personally, I think I would be buying a new harness.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tqr6
06-23-2021, (Subject: Regen question ) 
(06-22-2021 )Tqr6 Wrote:  Ok it is a wiring issue,apparently the wires that come from the ecm have chaffed inside the loom from not being properly zipped tied and or secured when I had engine work done,it was riding in the back of the valve cover and has eaten though,I have started repairing wires and got it to regen, but if the loom moves I lose temps so I will have to chase the whole harness from the ecm to the fire wall on the passenger side, hope this helps anyone else..!

This is why you cannot trust most mechanics anay more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Tqr6

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.