Leaking degass bottle
06-11-2021, (Subject: Leaking degass bottle ) 
Leaking degass bottle
I have a small leak in my degass bottle I ordered a new one. What can I do to get it home? I tried epoxy and it didn't work can o drill a small hole in the cap so it doesn't build pressure?
replyreply
06-11-2021, (Subject: Leaking degass bottle ) 
RE: Leaking degass bottle
Just leave the cap loose, or put a rag over it and ziptie it on, depending on what style radiator you have.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , earnies2
06-16-2021, (Subject: Leaking degass bottle ) 
(06-11-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Just leave the cap loose, or put a rag over it and ziptie it on, depending on what style radiator you have.

I sealed the crack in the bottle with weather stripping adhesive and some gorilla tape and ordered a new bottle thats at the house weighting for me . Since the bottle is junk I took my test light and put a small hole in the top of the bottle next to the cap . Nothing is leaking and since I don't have pressure when I'm climbing hills I watch my temperature and at 190 I put my fan on...so far so good I'm almost home I'm in PA 450 miles from home I came from Wichita KS like this with 21k on the deck
replyreply
(06-16-2021 )earnies2 Wrote:  
(06-11-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Just leave the cap loose, or put a rag over it and ziptie it on, depending on what style radiator you have.

I sealed the crack in the bottle with weather stripping adhesive and some gorilla tape and ordered a new bottle thats at the house weighting for me . Since the bottle is junk I took my test light and put a small hole in the top of the bottle next to the cap . Nothing is leaking and since I don't have pressure when I'm climbing hills I watch my temperature and at 190 I put my fan on...so far so good I'm almost home I'm in PA 450 miles from home I came from Wichita KS like this with 21k on the deck

Just make sure the coolant level does not get low. It will steam and evaporate thru the hole you made.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
If this is on a KW style split coolant reservoir I simply keep the coolant side cap tight and leave the gas/pressure side loose (about light finger tight) this lets the pressure out of the system and I haven't lost any coolant (or very little) in 3 or 4 months now. I've ran a zero pressure coolant system in all the trucks I've owned with no ill side effects (liner pitting or overheating) that I know of for 12 years and counting.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
06-24-2021, (Subject: Leaking degass bottle ) 
Thanks I made it home safely and installed my new coolant tank. I also installed a new stainless steel hater shut-off control valve. All is good
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.