code 3582 spn 4364
06-25-2021, (Subject: code 3582 spn 4364 ) 
RE: code 3582 spn 4364
This is a little late, but in case someone else sees this in the future...

First, if you read the codes with insite why did you need to google it? just click the code listing and it will open up the troubleshooting help window. Unless your using an old insite on a newer engine where this code didn't exist before...

Second, to answer your question: No, running with a plugged DEF doser won't hurt anything, but eventually once the code has been active long enough the ECM will start to derate the engine. Eventually it will work it's way down to a stop engine condition, though that should take a while and can usually be cleared with a key cycle or by clearing the faults with insite. Specifically in this case 300 miles should be doable without any major complaints from the ECM.

Third, from my own experience, pay the outrageous price for a new OEM doser valve. I tried cheaper ones off Amazon, likely made in the same factory. However I suspect they are mostly QA rejects and my experience was one that leaked right from the install.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meanwhile

Messages In This Thread
code 3582 spn 4364 - Meanwhile - 06-13-2021,
RE: code 3582 spn 4364 - JimT - 06-25-2021
RE: code 3582 spn 4364 - JimT - 06-27-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.