Sensor location for Fuel Filter on CM-870?
06-13-2021, (Subject: Sensor location for Fuel Filter on CM-870? ) 
Sensor location for Fuel Filter on CM-870?
That is the question... Where is the sensor located for the fuel filter on the CM-870, asking for a friend. This is in a 2006/7 Volvo VNL 6...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
06-14-2021, (Subject: Sensor location for Fuel Filter on CM-870? ) 
RE: Sensor location for Fuel Filter on CM-870?
What sensor are you talking about? The fuel pressure sensor is located on the ifsm same as your cm871. A WIF sensor is usually on the davco. But as for a specific fuel filter sensor?? I'm not even sure what that is or what it would sense.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(06-13-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  That is the question... Where is the sensor located for the fuel filter on the CM-870, asking for a friend. This is in a 2006/7 Volvo VNL 6...

tell your friend to register their engine ser# on quickserv and look it up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Waterloo the only fuel filter sensor i know of on a Volvo is the WIF, water-in-fuel sensor and when it fails, (or if it detects water), it throws a very annoying dash icon on the volvo screen.

Like Chamber said: "on the Davco".

Or Raycor, many Volvos run a Raycor fuel water seperator. It is usually outboard at the front of the passenger side frame rail. The sensor is in the plastic bowl on the bottom. The Volvo factory wiring to it often gets brittle and breaks because they zip tie it so tight and don't really give enough wire to begin with. Other then that there is a diode in the Raycor WIF sensor that goes bad. They are color coordinated so make sure if he replaces it to get the same color sensor body as the one he takes out or the Volvo ECM will not recognize it. (mine is Blue on a 2012)

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
Thank you gentlemen, I passed on your knowledge to my friend. ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.