Exhaust gas pressure fault, CM871
06-14-2021, (Subject: Exhaust gas pressure fault, CM871 ) 
Exhaust gas pressure fault, CM871
Hello, I am asking this for a friend trying to help him diagnose and fix a problem out on the road.
He does not have Insite on the truck with him.

2008 Pete 386, CM871 factory 600hp, 200K on inframe, properly demandated by one of this sites Gurus.

Dash shows a red triangle and a number one. text on the dash screen says "exhaust gas pressure".

Since is was properly demandated and both the DPF and DOC completely hollowed out, and at the time also the sensor feeder tube was blown clean and EGP sensor replaced, I am suspecting the sensor failed.

My question: If he replaces the sensor but does not have Insite to clear the code will the truck clear the dash code and light itself after the repair has been made? Or is Insite required to shut off the dash light?

Thanks, JMBT

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Exhaust gas pressure fault, CM871
If the sensor fixes the problem and the code goes inactive the light will go out.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Rawze
Thanks tree98: I was hoping that was the case since he does not have access to insite on the road. I will let him know.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
Would be nice to know the code... One will be for electrical issues (bad pigtail) we get that alot.Another is just stuck in range (bad sensor)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT
Thank you sir! I agree totally. I would think he could get the code off the display, but so far he can figure that out.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.