Another dumb question
06-15-2021, (Subject: Another dumb question ) 
Another dumb question
I having issues with a Freon leak coming from the condenser to the drier.. I replaced the o rings about 50 times and it still leaks..I replaced the condenser and still it leaks from the same hp line...I’m starting to think I have a plugged up drier if that makes sense..that hp a/c line is driving me crazy..can someone help or some advice on what to do.. left out one detail the leak is coming from hp line going into the condenser ..2013 Pete isx15 2250 ...367
replyreply
RE: Another dumb question
Have you changed your receiver dryer? It sounds like a metal spur that's cutting your oring. Also are you pulling a vacuum on your system every time you change orings? If not, I'd gather you badly need a new receiver dryer, replace all associated orings pull a vacuum to 20-26 in mercury and hold it for 30-60 min. There should be no notable drop in vacuum over that time
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT
I pulled a vacuum yesterday and it did drop back to 0 after about 20 mins.. I didn’t change the receiver so I’ll grab one today and start fresh again..does it matter on o rings cuz I used the ones from autozone
replyreply
As long as they are refrigerant Orings i have always had green Orings. It seems to me my memory says it has something to do with the pag oil a/c uses. Until you can hold a vacuum for atleast 30min there is leak. Also I change my dryer anytime I lose all my freon or open my system for more than an hour. FWIW pulling a vacuum on the system makes the moisture in the receiver dryer evaporate and evacuates all the 0², which 0² makes the freon less efficient in heat extraction and dissipation
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT
Also once the vac stabilizes spin the ac compressor and watch the gauges close it should not move, if it does the seal is bad in the compressor
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Ok I appreciate it guys I will get on it and get this ac going
replyreply
O-rings from Autozone may be wrong size. We have SAE and Metric sizes. Which is for your truck you need to know.
Make sure all pipe connections are free from bending force and seated strait, all the way into corresponding part.
Freon leak detector from amzon will save you time and money in parts.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
06-16-2021, (Subject: Another dumb question ) 
Your vacuum should hold 27ish-30 in/hg (depending how good the Guage is that your using) indefinitely. 30 min is just the least amount of time you want to leave it hold to check for leaks.
replyreply
06-16-2021, (Subject: Another dumb question ) 
What Snail said, the last AC o-ring kit I bought at International was around $7, and it had enough o-rings to make several repairs in the kit. They are color coded for dummies. I would imagine Volvo has the same kits.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.