A/C problems never fail
07-01-2021, (Subject: A/C problems never fail ) 
RE: A/C problems never fail
(06-16-2021 )DVT873 Wrote:  You might want to replace the belt and tensioner. Over time the tensioner loosens up letting the belt slip. Often this happens without any noise or squeal. Slippage makes heat. Heat changes the resistance in the clutch coil. The change in resistance changes the amperage the coil is drawing.

Just about all the OEM's today are monitoring that amperage. NAV in particular. If it goes out of a very narrow allowable range, hi or low, the body computer module (BCM) or electrical system controller (ESC) shuts off the compressor. This will set a code and maybe a light. When the coil cools down it resets. I think the key has to cycle. The code description is not real helpful. It will say something about over/under current. But nothing about cause.

I don't think it mentions any causes. Sorry, my AC memory chip is still sluggish. It's been cool here. Anyway most makes will do something like this with a body computer of some type and sometimes even an old school fuse.

Anyway best is to replace the belt and tensioner when a compressor is replaced.

The thermistors are a constant PIA. I check ohms before install. Both should have close to the same reading.

I think Rawze or somebody on here has come up with a schrader set up that allows these to be changed w/o draining the system.
Do you have a post for the Schrader valve stup from Rawze
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A/C problems never fail - earnies2 - 07-01-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.