Transmission cooler lines leaking
04-03-2022, (Subject: Transmission cooler lines leaking ) 
RE: Transmission cooler lines leaking
It's not that heat exchangers are bad at what they do. It's the awful fact that when they fail you get coolant in the transmission and gear lube in the coolant. Your heat exchanger becomes a fluid exchanger.

Most of us opted to take this possibility out of the equation. It happened on my T660 and it is an awful mess. Plus I had to lay in the mud and bypass and temporarily block off the trans from the coolant system till I got it home and was able to flush both the trans and the coolant system many times.

On top of that the Port of Baltimore was not to happy with the mess I made on the pier as it vomited sludge out the breather on the transmission before I caught it. Then I of course had to drain some out on site to not have the trans over full and blow out all the seals. I went through 4 full rolls of paper towels trying to catch enough sludge as to not just straight up make a hazmat spill on the pier. It wasn't pretty....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hamish

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transmission cooler lines leaking - Chamberpains - 04-03-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.