Another oil temp thread cm2350 3
06-19-2021, (Subject: Another oil temp thread cm2350 3 ) 
RE: Another oil temp thread cm2350 3
I've been to Rawze's place twice now. Spent 2 months there last year doing my inframe. His way of teaching isn't always the most sensitive, but he's honest and doesn't BS you. While I don't agree with everything he says (sorry, not squirting lemons in my eyes ;), when it comes to these engines he knows what he's talking about because he's done the research already. He may not have the answer to every question, but he can usually point you in the right direction and others on here contribute their knowledge as well.

To the problem:

First and foremost start with the obvious and get that programming looked at as soon as possible. Most likely that will be the source of the problem. Beyond that, how is your blow-by? You could be dumping excess heat into the oil that way. Last time you adjusted the overhead? What exactly was done at 380k? At 810k you'd be about due for bearings. Do you do oil samples? Was the fuel pump head rebuilt every 400k or so, or the pump replaced? Was there ever a fuel pump failure that sent debris into the oil --- Could result in clogging of the oil cooler reducing efficiency. Was the oil cooler ever replaced --- and was the correct one used? Not sure about your particular engine, but my 2012 cm2250 has 2 different oil coolers, one for 500hp and below and a different one for above 500hp. If it was built with the smaller cooler then HP increased later that could explain higher temps too.

That's just some questions that pop into my mind, though I'm not an expert on this topic.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.