Another oil temp thread cm2350 3
06-17-2021, (Subject: Another oil temp thread cm2350 3 ) 
RE: Another oil temp thread cm2350 3
Yes it is demandated. Runs cooler in all aspects than it did before except pyrometer. Which I have no problem keeping under 950. I run with an x15 565 daily and he has 3.36 rears to my my 3.70s. His is all stock. His runs same oil temp.Always has. 380k on it emissions 100% intact. Difference is he trades for new between 350 and 400k. Doesn'twork on them himself. Not since the 3408 have engines in this line of work typically exceeded. 5 or 600k miles without major work. Not that they were any sort of an engineering feat by any means. Sucked fuel, heavy and very intolerant to overheating. BUT, they had much more cooling capacity, short term - because of mass-long term because of increased volume of coolant and oil.. I have read volumes of information here on bad deletes and will agree I have a bad one and am trying my best to get things in order to get and learn insite, etc so I can have some of you more knowledgeable people help me correct these issues. I cannot however just put everything on hold til it gets done. Engine was gone through at 380k over low protrusion. Raised to something like .014 iirc?. Has 810k on it now so it is likely due for inframe soon anyway. I watch boost, water temp, pyro etc closely as I was raised to do. Oil temp is the only thing that shows anything of major concern. It runs 235-240 in this heat empty. Maybe down around 220 at night if wind isnt blowing. I know alot of guys with isx15s cm2250 and 2350 and none of them run less than 235 loaded. Cummins techs here all say normal til you exceed 250 and that there are more than one stat for oil on these engines. ( here say to me) So I thought you guys might know a part number or angine sn I could use to get one. Yes we torture our engines on a near daily basis when we go west loaded. Not near as bad going north or south as elevation is more consistent. We are not out here racing. We are 85-90k gross gaining 2-3000 ft in elevation in the last 200miles of most trips. 70% of the time in a 20+mph head or crosswind. The loads are time critical in the heat and the weight is constantly moving around changing the pressure on suspension from side to side adding exponentially to rolling resistance. Aerodynamics of trailers is a joke and sometimes pull harder in a crosswind than when loaded. All this just in maintaining 65-70mph running with traffic.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another oil temp thread cm2350 3 - W9L - 06-17-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.