2013 CM2250 Crank No Start
06-16-2021, (Subject: 2013 CM2250 Crank No Start ) 
2013 CM2250 Crank No Start
nox codes are disrupting lift pump. checked terminating resistor at j1939 connection at left side of valve cover. resistance is 120 ohm. they are typically supposed to be at about 60 ohm. also, that connection is jumping all over the place. checked harness up to ecm plug and cleaned engine block ground connections. no corrosion found. aft harness at battery box no voltage. swapped aft def module with test module. no change.

my question is, has anyone had this issue? and would anyone have some pointers for me? if not yourself, call your mechanic friends and ask them as well, please and thanks!

also, i checked most of the harness going along frame rail. no issues found, yet!! datalink seems to be ok up to this point.

i just feel like i'm hitting a brick wall.

thanks again!!
replyreply
RE: 2013 CM2250 Crank No Start
Let's start with the codes your getting, what are they? Also did the engine just die and wouldn't restart or what happened?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
* one of the can#2 terminating resistors is located inside the VGT turbo actuator. Unplug it and ensure the can-bus wires for the actuator read 120-ohms.

* The other one is typically out at the DEF controller by the DEF tank or on the wiring harness just past the main plugs.. depends on truck make/model.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-17-2021, (Subject: 2013 CM2250 Crank No Start ) 
(06-16-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  * one of the can#2 terminating resistors is located inside the VGT turbo actuator. Unplug it and ensure the can-bus wires for the actuator read 120-ohms.

* The other one is typically out at the DEF controller by the DEF tank or on the wiring harness just past the main plugs.. depends on truck make/model.

That helps a lot! i did trace that j1939 from the ecm and through the aft harness. so far, excluding the vgt, all resistors are reading 120-ohms when disconnected. aft harness at battery box reading 12.5-ohms. so i traced from there back, isolating the circuit. i took a short break to read these responses. just before my break, i was attempting to disconnect the section of harness that splits to the nox sensors behind the scr. wow! what a pain. i believe the connector is somewhat melted together. totally sucks. i will unplug vgt and see what that resistor reads.

thanks again! that really helps. get in touch if you have any questions as well.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.