2016 ISX misbehaving.
06-20-2021, (Subject: 2016 ISX misbehaving. ) 
2016 ISX misbehaving.
Hello everyone. Gotta problem with my ISX. Truck is 2016 Int Lone Star. Nothing has been deleted. It misfires and acting rough once in the while. Not always though. I have noticed its doing more frequently when loaded and on low gears while trying to take off. Diagnostics showed everything was fine. Passed the computer test. Never had any lights to come on. Any ideas? Or any really good technician you guys might know off? Thanks in advance.
replyreply
RE: 2016 ISX misbehaving.
Start with a full EGR-tune up + replacing the EGR sensors that are mroe than a couple 3 years old + cleaning out all the EGR and intake piping/circuits.

Also replace the Exhaust gas pressure sensor if it has mnore than 400k miles of run time on it. As well, ensure the feed-circuit is not plugged up for it, as it is common for it to get plugged off with soot and cause bad readings.

How old is the IMAP?... how old is the EGR Delta-P? .. etc.etc.etc. - That is the place to start.

BTW: just because there are no faults for those sensors do not mean they are not bad... that ecm will not fault most of them unless they damn near completely failed.

-- I remember back in the day when my Delta-P sensor got clogged up... Truck would laugh at you for about 8-10 seconds every time you pressed the fuel pedal to the floor... would complain and refuse to accelerate... and then all of the sudden take off like a rocket. <- for mine, it was the Delta-P sensor crossover tubes had clogged up.

I did a complete tune-up, replaced everything, cleaned out all the piping and suddenly it felt like I had a brand new truck again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Waterloo
(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Start with a full EGR-tune up + replacing the EGR sensors that are mroe than a couple 3 years old + cleaning out all the EGR and intake piping/circuits.

Also replace the Exhaust gas pressure sensor if it has mnore than 400k miles of run time on it. As well, ensure the feed-circuit is not plugged up for it, as it is common for it to get plugged off with soot and cause bad readings.

How old is the IMAP?... how old is the EGR Delta-P? .. etc.etc.etc. - That is the place to start.

BTW: just because there are no faults for those sensors do not mean they are not bad... that ecm will not fault most of them unless they damn near completely failed.

-- I remember back in the day when my Delta-P sensor got clogged up... Truck would laugh at you for about 8-10 seconds every time you pressed the fuel pedal to the floor... would complain and refuse to accelerate... and then all of the sudden take off like a rocket. <- for mine, it was the Delta-P sensor crossover tubes had clogged up.

I did a complete tune-up, replaced everything, cleaned out all the piping and suddenly it felt like I had a brand new truck again.
Thank you very much. Now i just gotta find the good tech to do it i guess. Or should i just try to do it myself? Idk. First cummins engine for me. All i ever drove was CAT, got 1 600 000 out of it before i sold. Was easy and simple.
replyreply
If you know any good tech or willing to do it yourself whenever have time for it, i would appreciate it. Just let me know. Thanks again!
replyreply
If your near Atlanta Georgia you could take it to Mr Hagg, otherwise you'll have to do it yourself or it WON'T get done right.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Leon707
Dude, do it yourself, get a Cummins Quickserve account, it is free, enter your engine serial number and register it. You will get all of the same trouble shooting and parts information that Cummins uses. The diagrams should be there for the sensors, if not YouTube is your friend, Rawze has videos too, the link is found at the top of this page. An EGR tuneup is easy to do with some simple hand tools. If not, like Tree said, take it to haggis Automotive and Diesel Repair in Griffin GA... There is normally a 3 to 4 week wait to get in, so if I were you, time to get your hands dirty. Here is the link to Quickserve, get the ESN or EIN off of your valve cover on found on the driver side. https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Leon707
(06-20-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  If your near Atlanta Georgia you could take it to Mr Hagg, otherwise you'll have to do it yourself or it WON'T get done right.

I appreciate it. Thank you.
replyreply
(06-20-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Dude, do it yourself, get a Cummins Quickserve account, it is free, enter your engine serial number and register it. You will get all of the same trouble shooting and parts information that Cummins uses. The diagrams should be there for the sensors, if not YouTube is your friend, Rawze has videos too, the link is found at the top of this page. An EGR tuneup is easy to do with some simple hand tools. If not, like Tree said, take it to haggis Automotive and Diesel Repair in Griffin GA... There is normally a 3 to 4 week wait to get in, so if I were you, time to get your hands dirty. Here is the link to Quickserve, get the ESN or EIN off of your valve cover on found on the driver side. https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

Thank you very much.
replyreply
06-21-2021, (Subject: 2016 ISX misbehaving. ) 
Yup, get your hands dirty. Or put a blind fold on and walk in to every repair facility you can and give them your bank account number.

These engines aren't nearly the uncrossable mountain they appear to be a first glance. They are similar to the first mountain you climbed in your younger days. You never would've got over it if you never even started the journey.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.